[NanoCube 12 DX] what now?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
This is very interesting! Is it a good thing or a bad thing? I was thinking that I wanted a Green Star as a grassy looking filler but now I don't know if that's a good idea. What are you going to do Big Al?

I don't plan to really do anything. I will clean the sponge filter out before I leave the office this evening and I've tossed a fresh bag of carbon into the rear chamber. If the tank still looks to be a little cloudy tomorrow I'll do a water change over the weekend. Otherwise I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
My tank is clear as a bell this morning. I guess the "event" came and went without much effect on the tank as a whole. If this had happened on a weekend or holiday I would not even had known it happened. I got REALLY lucky to see it in progress.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm in the "planning" stage to change this tank ever so slightly. I've noticed my clown fish isn't really acting normal as of lately and I'm wondering if it's not about the end of the current for him. Circle Of Life yes?

Anyway I'm in no hurry but when "Nemo goes into the great deep blue" I'll be adding one of these to the tank

Juerg-Kipfer-Histrio-histrio2.jpg

Sargassum Frogfish or Sargassum Fish
(Histrio histrio)
Sargassum Frogfish

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
This is a repeat of the thread located at http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...cussion/91149-happened-again.html#post1250321

I just wanted to have all of this tank information in this thread for reference

Last year on 3/28/2013 the Green Star Polyps (GSP) in my NanoCube 12DX (12g system) spawned. I know I started a thread about it but for the life of me I can't find that thread. :dunno:

Well today it happened again. Mid-morning today I started noticing "floating debris" in my tank. I watched and saw the GSP starting to release "eggs" into the water column. It's been going on now for about 4 hours non-stop and is really cool. Below are some pics and video of the event:

And here are some "details" about today that I want to keep on file to compare with future similar events:

4/30/2014 10:00am *start*
Lunar phase today is Waxing Crescent.
The current moon phase is from 2014-04-29 07:17 to 2014-05-07 04:16.
The moon is in zodiac sign Taurus The moon is in zodiac sign Taurus.

A large series of storms have just passed through our area and the weather outside is unsettled and windy.

Below is a graphic depiction of what the moon current looks like
GSP_Spawn_4_30_2014_lunar_phase_zpsee906624.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I came into my office today and my office tank has again SPAWNED! It must have mostly happened predawn but there are still "eggs" floating in my tank and being released from the GSP right now.

11/24/2014 Predawn AM start (still occurring 9:00am)
Here are the "Details" for comparison:
Lunar phase today is Waxing Crescent.
The current moon phase is from 2014-11-22 12:32 to 2014-11-29 10:07.
The moon is in zodiac sign Sagittarius

We had some significant weather (Rain & wind) yesterday and today is chilly and very windy.

Here is a graphical depiction of what the current moon phase is:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Today 3/18/2015 my office tank spawned again. I came into my office this morning at 8am and the tank was in FULL SPAWN.

3/18/2015 Predawn start (still in FULL spawn at 8:20am)
Current Details:
Lunar phase today is Waning Crescent.
The current moon phase is from 2015-03-13 18:49 to 2015-03-20 10:38.
The moon is in zodiac sign Aquarius

No significant weather in last 48 hours. Uncharacteristically warm and bluebird clear skies for the last two days. We do have a cold front moving in later tonight/tomorrow.

The moon is growing smaller (old moon)
Fraction of the moon: 0.92470625316663
Illumination of the moon disk: 5 %

Moon angular diameter: 0.55 °
Sun angular diameter: 0.54 °