Nano princess's 38 gallon nuvo tank - start date- Oct 6, 2011

Received and set up tank- Oct 6th, 2011. Love the look of the tank and so wanted a white stand and away we go putting it all up. Positioned in corner of family room
Sexy- sassy tank I would have to say..so far love the look of it.
Oct2011219.jpg

Oct2011220.jpg

Oct2011216.jpg

Oct2011221.jpg

Oct2011185.jpg

october 6th in the evening-Added 150 watt heater, saltwater from Lfs tank, live sand, cured live agriculture rock and some base rock-
35 lbs live and 10 lbs base rock.

My first rock scape attempt
021.jpg

Oct 7th water all cleared up in a few hours and checked my parameters
028.jpg

Dropped in deli shrimp

Re arranged rock a ton of times...a ton of times- because I wanted to add in some more
rock

Why? Wanted more rock to place coral on down the road as well as a more solid structure since Iam not bolting, glueing, or bracing my rocks...hehehe

008-2.jpg

010-1.jpg

I do love my first scaping more but my family says..until u touch it and they all cave down..errrr

Oct 8th check parameters- looks like the deli shrimp is working- ammonia has gone up
012.jpg

Will check water parameters again in a few days

Last edited:
Whats the story on that rooster?

Lol..I loved roosters growing up..maybe it was the city girl in me and we never could have them..so I collected roosters

Last year I got my own and became an urban backyard farmer chick

August32011034.jpg

Yes, that is a pink chicken, not cotton candy..heheheee
August32011043.jpg

And my micro mini pig..nano pig

Iam one of a kind

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
N when u do im sure a buyer will step up for your 38! My wife loves it!

Matts DROIDX via Tapatalk

Lol...tank for sale..Iam going bigger...hehehhe

Just kidding

Third day initial cycle
oct 9th, 2011- Water parameters- yep all colors deepening..
002-1.jpg

006.jpg

014-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

Refugium set up- cheato, purigen, etc- during cycle, after- when?

I ve read alot on lots of site- sponges suck? Do they?
Here is the back of my tank photo
013.jpg

What would u all put in the chambers? And when?
Should I take out the media racks...empty out the sponges and stuff in floss, or use white sponge it came with- add in carbon, purigen? What? Also keep in mind I have two media racks..

Where I have the rock in the chamber, do I add sand and cheato and a little led light over it?

Another words- who says get rid of sponges and add this instead? How would u set up the back of your tank if this was your tank?

Would love to hear your words of wisdom.

cd568943c8728e565f093c554f9a085e_we.gif

Xoxooxo

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Just a quick head's Up.... The Rock Rubble you have stashed back there is a bad idea. It will act like any other media and trap detritus and other nasties instead of letting them get filtered out and removed. Live Rock Rubble will behave exactly like BioBalls, BioRings and other BioMedia. Most people experience a fairly quick NO3 reductions immediately after removing bio-media from the back chambers of their All-In-One tanks. I had the exact same experience when I removed Live Rock Rubble from my middle chamber in my AIO.

How come then so many say to put rock rubbles back there ? And what do u suggest Big Al about my media racks etc..what do u have in the back of your chambers?
Hugs

jpsika08

Rock rubbles and biopellets in my opinion, they are just nitrate factories, better use mechanical filters as GFO for example.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Flow is always a key on the AIO (all in one) tanks, getting feed back from others that run the same tank really helps, hopfully some member will jump in this this advise.

The RSM tanks have a similar system, imo - you need some filter somewhere & need to rinse it every few days, I also run Chemi-pure-elite (high quality carbon & gfo) and purigen in mine.

Here is a good :read: on cpe http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...b/50391-running-chemi-pure-elite-rsm-cpe.html