Myrick's 130D

myrick

ok looking for opnions

looking to replace stock lighting with LED's

but i am looking at either one of the AI's or the radion. i know there are tonnes of DIY kits and lights but i like the program ability on the AI and ecotech

which would you all pick i am leaning towards the ecotech due to better color spectrum and the fact it would require less modification with the current hood.

myrick

looking for a show piece in my 34 gallon tank

current live stock

lawnmower blenny 4-5"
4 blue green chromis 3/4"-1"
cleaner shrimp
peppermint shrimp
emerald crab
assorted snails
assorted hermit crabs
2 clown fish 3/4"-1"
golf ball sized GSP
another polyp this one is red about the size of 50c piece
about 10 zoa polyps

i want something that pops and says WOW but do not want to spend a fortune, it was recommended mandarin goby but i am unsure of my pod population.

Coral Beauty but liveaquaria says 70+ gallon tank
flame angle but liveaquaria says 70+ gallon tank
i like the blues and reds

so does any one have some suggestions?

myrick

yea i use that site a lot for care tank size etc... i am on a local forum they are all saying i am right where i should be with bio-load for my tank i thought it was 1" per gallon if so i am at 24" when fully grown for my current livestock

edit they all suggest getting a trophy coral instead of a fish

mattreidy

I love my colorful tangs... had them for a while now and they're thriving in the 130D. The blue does grow quickly and I'll need to trade her out for a smaller one in another 6 months probably. Personally, I think my nem is the star of my tank. She's very colorful and interesting to watch. She's a nuisance when she decides to go for a swim, but that's only happened 3 times in 6 months.

myrick

update on return pumps had to remove the one that hangs lower due to massive bubble intake nothing to do with the product now if i can only figure out my bubble issue

catran

I have a RSM 130d and I love my goby's. I have a small yellow clown goby, green goby with red markings:
9yde3u5e.jpg

I also have a yellow watchman and a citron goby:
3ybe6e3y.jpg

My favorite fish is my longnose hawkfish. He's very curious and it's cool to watch him swim around. He turns weirdly and sometimes swims upside down.

Stay tuned for the 40b!!!

Last edited: