Myrick's 130D

myrick

any idea what theese are

DSC_0612.jpg

DSC_0610.jpg

myrick

still looking for an answer on the stunner strip has anyone installed one in there 130/130d?
and if so what color i was thinking about getting the Blue/White one.

looking to eventually get corals starting with zoa's

myrick

woot do you see what i see
DSC_0615.jpg

Thats right ladies and Gents PODS back chamber is loaded with them now if i can only keep the population up maybe i could get a mandarin

on to the boring stuff

SG 1.027
alkalinity 185 ppm/3.7meq / l /10.36 dKH
Ph 8.2
ammonia, phosphate, nitrite, nitrate 0
calcium 330

myrick

couple question got my tunze 9002 with media rack in now tunze seems to be only filling up with water no matter how i adjust the air inlet water level is where indicated on the device any suggestion or is this just part of the break in?

second the media rack i cannot get the stock carbon to fit any suggestions?

myrick

well not sure if its good news but my Neomeris annulata is thriving still growing and new shoots popping up.

hair algae is getting under control Larry and the Snail CuC are doing there jobs

i have something else green growing in my tank which i do not have a pic of yet but it is a narrow shaft with blubs at the ends of the stalks so far only one main stalk with another stalk off of it 2 bulbs any ideas what this may be ?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
looks like Caulerpa racemosa

Melevsreef.com - Caulerpa racemosa

Marine Plants in the Aquarium

it can become invasive

Nuisance Algae ID Guide

Caulerpa racemosa has perhaps single handedly given Caulerpa spp. a bad name. Highly variable, it can be generally described as a grape like plant that grows up from a runner, (or root system). While other species of caulerpa may appear different, their treatment is generally the same:

Manual Removal -If you are going to manually remove it, use a dental pick to make sure you get every last bit of runner removed. The thicker the runner on your variation of caulerpa the easier this will be.

Clean Up Crew- Emerald Crabs, Sea Hares, Tangs, Angels, Urchins, some Turbos, Chitons, Limpets, and the Longnose Decorator Crab will all eat it this and other species of Caulerpa.

Why it happened - You didn't quarantine, and you have available nutrients for it. Try to keep it out of your tank, and if it happens to make its way in anyway try to get it out before it can spread.

Starving it out - Use a phosban reactor or a macro like chaeto to take down phosphate. If you have a nitrate problem too, you can add more live rock or rubble to the tank, do some more wcs, add macro, add dsb, etc...

Caulerpa racemosa in all its forms is invasive. Its runner is too fragile to practically prune and it can be a frustrating problem. If you like the look of grape caulerpa, try Caulerpa cupressoides var. lycopodium. It carries the same risks as other caulerpas, but its strong sturdy holdfast makes pruning easy.

myrick

ok finally got my ATO installed and love it but would like to seal the holes i drilled into the bucket what calk should i use i know one of the GE calks but i don't recall which one and can i get it at lowes?

myrick

any idea what these are i know blurry pic but best i could do in the space i had to get the pic need a better lens for the camera i guess
any way they sway in the current and open and close

DSC_0625.jpg