Myrick's 130D

myrick

Quick question at the beach found some shells I want in my tank on the beach besides bathing in bleach bath and rinsing with de chlorinator is there anything else I should do?

myrick

tank is here will be posting pictures when i get home after i have it all together hope to get rock/sand/water in it today if not then tomorrow for sure.

myrick

The goods

DSC_0554.jpg

Leak testing

DSC_0555.jpg

light test

DSC_0556.jpg

Nite light test

DSC_0557.jpg

now the build of the stand was one of the worst IKEA type things i have ever put together build quality was not that great instructions weren't much better.

upon looking at the manual got to the timer section it shows a digital timer mien has the old dial timer is this correct?

and any one else have issues with the return pump shrouds falling off when trying to put them back in ?

and i think i am going to order the add on media tray/basket what a PITA it is to get my fat hands down there.

ok on to an other question
what order should i put my media at the moment all i have is the carbon in there should i also get chemi pure or purigen ?
i am planning a FOWLR to start then get some Zoa's and a Nem in a year or so

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Congrats - great start

upon looking at the manual got to the timer section it shows a digital timer mien has the old dial timer is this correct?

Yes - they all have them... they though about going digital & then decided to start with the time proven ones that worked well

what order should i put my media at the moment all i have is the carbon in there should i also get chemi pure or purigen ?

While "cycling" the tank, I would just run the stock carbon - once you add livestock, you can add the cpe & purigen

and any one else have issues with the return pump shrouds falling off when trying to put them back in ?

a few zip tie them...

You can and will have success with corals - don't be scared to give them a go... :dance:

myrick

couple shots and questions

is the the correct level for the skimmer?

DSC_0566.jpg

FTS
doh after looking again at this picture i think i have more rock work to do especially from this angle from the front it doesn't quite look phallic
DSC_0571.jpg

side shot

DSC_0572.jpg

ok huge micro bubble issue played with the air volume/height of the skimmer cup no change
attached the shroud to the return pumps with zip ties helped a little .

another issue i have my MP10 is loud as bleep i checked the manual and the specs for the glass thickness and according to that i do not need the spacer, my LFS guy said it will quiet down eventually any suggestions.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Make sure the mp10 is perfectly aligned - a bit off makes noise

If the surface skimmer cup is like 1/4" from top position, that how I ran mine - on micro-bubbles... try running your water level really high, touching the hood arms trays

hope this helps

mattreidy

I run my water level really high - touching the hood arm trays and also keep the skimmer cup teeth about 1/8" BELOW the water surface to be sure the intake never has to struggle. I only hear my MP10 if I crank it up to 90%+ and then it's just a nice hum. Be sure to align it while it's running and tweak the alignment as you ramp up to 100% speed.

myrick

as for the water level i think i am close will check again.
the MP 10 no matter what i do moving it around at 100% i can never get it to quite down, guess i will try more.

myrick

water level is at the arms i lowered the skimmer more see if that helps any
as for the MP10 it is broken going to return it today