Myrick's 130D

myrick

is there any issues with adding my E.S.V. B-Ionic 2 part Calcium Buffer System Concentrate to my RO/DI top off water?

myrick

ok having issues with my calcium levels

calcium 200 ppm using hanna digital calcium checker
sg 1.027
alkalinity 274 ppm hanna digital
ph 8.4 API titration reef kit
ammonia nitrite nitrate all zero API titration reef kit
magnesium 30 ppm if i did the test correct salifert

every thing seems to be healthy and growing Coraline encrusting back wall and pumps etc.. found some tube feather dusters growing i am dosing BRS 2 Part Calcium & Alkalinity Kit (Pre-portioned) - Bulk Reef Supply 10 ml part 1 30 ml part 2 also dosing Kent Marine Superbuffer dKH daily half gallon water changes

any ideas and i know MG is low what would you recommend i use to buffer that?

myrick

any one have suggestions
using Steve t media rack with white/blue floss purigen and chemi-pure elite i clean my floss daily and change it weekly yet the flow is still getting choked up with both pumps running which in turn almost overflows my tank with r/o water

should i be cleaning my chemipure and purigen daily as well if so that's a PITA to pull all that equipment out but something needs to change

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I don't clean my chemipure or purigen

Let me ask you this... do you run a chiller? How many gallons of topoff water are you adding each week?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
In this shot... it looks like your in display tank surface skimmer cup, is almost all the way down (I can see lots of teeth), I always ran mine the exact opposite, almost all the way up... with in 1/4" of it's top position & sw added to raise the water levels...

DSC_0600.jpg

see what others think...

myrick

i try to keep it just barley above the surface of the water but when the flow drops to the pumps because of something in the media rack the ATO raises the level of the DT to compensate which in turn sinks the cup teeth

myrick

well i see my post is gone from last nite
going on vacation for 10 days any suggestions on what i should do to keep my 1 fish multitude of snails and an emerald crab alive while i am gone i have chaeto in the DT for snacking and will buy a 20-25 gallon Rubbermaid tote for R/O top off and i may have someone that might be able to stop by 1 day while i am gone

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
If you feed right before your leave (and do a wc) and then someone can feed even once like 5 days latter, they should be fine - they can go a few days without food occasionally

myrick

thought about an auto-feeder but i feed frozen food and have not tried pellet or flake foods yet.

myrick

new FT shot
DSC_0655.jpg

new additions

DSC_0656.jpg

DSC_0657.jpg

not sure what this one was but it was pretty when it was opened

DSC_0658.jpg

here it is partially opened
DSC_0666-1.jpg

DSC_0661.jpg

some kind of ricorda

DSC_0665.jpg

DSC_0662.jpg

Last edited:

myrick

well received my steviet pumps yesterday hoping to install them tonight when i get home will post updates.

myrick

well new pumps are installed working good so far.

some micro bubble issues on the lower hanging pump.

only issues i have thus far with it are the cords they are too fat to fit in the channel nicely, i had to snip the pinch points near the electrical box opening to get them to fit and the cords are not long enough to be able to put the electrical box cover on.