Myrick's 130D

myrick

he suggested i contact ecotech directly as that would be quicker for the RMA

Ecotech support was pretty good going to send my part in to get fixed

now no one answered my question before from what i can tell i do not need to use the spacer that comes with it because the glass on the 130d should be thick enough correct?

Last edited:

myrick

SG 1.026
PH 8.1
nitrate 10
ammonia .25
nitrite .50
calcium 330
phosphate 0
temp 78f
some how managed to loose my alkalinity test

myrick

well cycle is pumping along smell is still pretty bad once i get into the house after an hour or so i no longer smell it on a bright note am getting some algae on my rocks, and a little on my sand bed.

also ordered from inTank tunze 9002 upgraded skimmer cup and the media basket cant wait to get them should i wait for my cycle to finish before installing them or just install them when i get them?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Sounds like all is progressing nicely - I would add them :) skimmer may not do much, as there is no bio-load yet & it will take a couple weeks to break in well - would just run the stock carbon while cycling & them when livestock goes in... then change it our for cpe & purigen

myrick

well thanks to another member here i put my MP-10 in the electrical box compartment only concern i have is due to its proximity to the skimmer comb it is a little lower than i would like but i am still getting good water movement on the surface will it be fine there or should i move it back to the side?

mattreidy

I've had my MP10 on the side of my tank since I bought it and considered relocating it into the box too once I saw here that it fits. I haven't done that because I don't mind the look of it hanging off the side and prefer to be able to adjust it's position as I tweak the placement of my rocks and corals. No matter where you put it in a 130 you'll be able to generate more than enough flow. The other disadvantage of putting it on the back is that if you buy another MP10 to take advantage of the REALLY NEAT features, you'll want to have the two pumps on opposite sides of the tank.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
The MP10's do add great flow... mine is on the right side too 1/2 way down... maybe you can post us some pics of it's current placement and some members can offer more input :)

myrick

is this coraline ?
DSC_0603.jpg

DSC_0602.jpg

DSC_0600.jpg

DSC_0599.jpg

well if my readings are correct i am finished with my cycle

PH 8.2
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
sg 1.025
alkalinity 167 ppm / 3.34 meq / l / dKH 9.352
calcium 270 i am dosing B-Ionic calcium buffer and it just keeps dropping
Phosphate 0

what you all think?

Last edited:

myrick

wow i think i did have a fast cycle must of been some great cured rock i bought from the LFS

PH 8.4
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
sg 1.024
alkalinity 167 ppm / 3.34 meq / l / dKH 9.352
calcium 450
Phosphate 0

at what point do you think i can add fish and is there anything that can eat this hairy green algae i have grown on my rocks its pretty but getting out of control.

Edit currently have 12 hermit crabs of various breeds in the tank couldn't tell you what they are,
some have blue legs some have white and black and the rest hide all the time.

mattreidy

Congrats! Looks to me like you're ready to add one or two fish now... as for the hairy green algae, if your CUC (do you have an Emerald crab?) doesn't take care of it, try reducing the amount of time your lights are on for a bit and see if that helps.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I love snails for cuc ! Mine keep my tank 99.5% algae free... around one per gallon is what I like :dance:

Asterea, Trochus, Cerith, Nerites, Margarita, Mexican Turbos & Nassariu

myrick

"Have you started water changes yet? "

Yes did my first one Sunday after those zero readings shooting for 1 qt a day + top off which is usually 2 quarts so 3 quarts of water a day 1 salt 2 RO

Question as for the TUNZE 9002 with Steve's media rack
the 9002 with Steve's upgraded cup, i followed the instructions adjusted it so the bubbles were right at the top of the black box with air inlet fully open checked my skimmer cup this am collection cup was full of water so i closed the air inlet, and cracked it like half-3/4 turn and had bubbles at the same level is this just part of the break in period ?

as for the media rack i bought some filter floss the Blue and White stuff from INTank i currently have that on the top shelf should i put more than one piece or anything else on this shelf?

and as for the other 2 Shelves what should i place on them?
Purigen Chemi-pure charcoal

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
On your saltwater changes, I would suggest you try for around 15% weekly - 5 gallons a week sw - this is a huge key to success imo

don't take your daily topoff water (ro/do not sw) into this equation - as it just replaces what has evaporated & does not export anything or replace the elements that are used up.

Here is how many setup & run the media basket
IMG_7669.jpg

myrick

what do you have in the middle?
and my LFS guy said instead of one large change a week change out about a quart a day your saying do more?