my 90g braceless/framless tank!! 36x24x24"

tigerarmy90

prop/qt tank is up and running...both fish and corals will start their stay with me in this little 15g. It has a emperor for carbon and added water movement, aqua c for skimming and two seio 620's. The lighting consists of a ic 250 ballast with a DE pendant housing a pheonix 14k. Constructed the hanging system out of 1/2" pvc and it seems to hold pretty good.

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

now I just need to finish my plumbing and get some livestock :)

tigerarmy90

drum roll please....ok maybe not but here are the pics of my plumbing ;)

first off some of my mess that my wife nagged me about for a few days
IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

heres the back side of the tank
IMG_0659.jpg

some of you may notice the balck coupler and wonder why? I added the 90 and the union conector wothout putting the threaded part of the union on first so I had to cut into this and then reglue it with a coupler
IMG_0658.jpg

4 way
IMG_0670.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

closer with return running over 4 way returns, may switch it to run under though
IMG_0662.jpg

pulled back for a shot of the working room that I have left, I was pleasently suprised at how much space was left after cramming all that stuff unde there
IMG_0664.jpg

and finall my two drains, one will feed both my skimmer and 2xtlf reactors and the other will t and dump into skimmer section and fuge
IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

For the feeding of the reactors and skimmer Im using some black flex hose found at hd and it looks awesome! I still need to get my hands on a micro ball valve to control the flow and then give my fuge some flow direction to make the chaeto roll but thats about it!!!

Ill also be mounting my perstaltic pump on the open space on this wall. This will pull from the fuge adn dump back into the return section after running through and feeding my ca reactor!
IMG_0670.jpg

ready for water but I need to hang my lights before I fill it...one more road block. My cieling joists are not centered on the tank so I have to get someone into my attic to run cross bracing that I can mount to :( Im just too darn big to even attempt it...lol

tigerarmy90

thanks folks...Im pretty stoked about all of the above :)

now I just need some help picking out my fish, like what kind of tang to go with!?!?

tigerarmy90

Here are a few shots to give youi an idea of what the flow is like with the 4 way and dart running...

about 1.5" from the water level to the top of the glass
IMG_0777.jpg

water going up and over the front glass when the top two returns are firing :)
IMG_0717.jpg

I ordered omni flex nozzles from oceans motion to direct the flow so that I can run the pump fully open. For the mean time I have the ball valve clased so its running it at about 60%

tigerarmy90

its been a while, I recently reaquascaped and added a few pieces that I had been growing out in my nephews tank!!! The dart is so overkill that there is no way for me to keep the sand down, I have this big spot of bare glass that I plan on cevering with some top notch lps :)

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

left side
IMG_0803.jpg

right side
IMG_0802.jpg

tigerarmy90

thanks alot frankie, Im thinking Im going to give those a shot...I have a few left over from my retun plumbing. I didnt want to pass on the extra flow but may just have to comprimise :) unfortunatley for me the two top retunrs are pushing the sand back to so I may need them on all four returns...I tried omni flex nozzles and it didnt help, next ill try the locline(cause its a cheaper alternative) and if that doesnt work Im going to order the double omni flex nozzles that would split the flow from each return in two directions!

Mya

Your bare bottom spots in yout tank makes me think my 2 clowns have been paying you a visit. Thats all they do! Make naked spots on the bottom of the tank.

Btw, pics look lovely. You did a fine job on it and... rimless tanks look very clean line to me.. but still trip me out.. Haha.

Happy Reefing.

morbius18

I have the same size tank and love it. My is just a standard acrylic with a rim on the top, but one of the best sizes that I have ever owned.

tigerarmy90

def one of the best sizes I have owned...I love having the depth front to back for rockwork! Rimless still trips me out to, it looks like it could just fall apart but they are pretty well built! I cant wait till I have some corals in it to look at :)