my 90g braceless/framless tank!! 36x24x24"

Jason25

This mermaid

IMG_0204.jpg

tigerarmy90

thanks for all the kind words everyone, i am def in love with this tank. I think my wife is getting a little jealous lately!! lol, so the stand is finished and I moved it inside the house.
IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

I still may paint the inside white cause it just looks so much more clean that way but we will see! here is a pic with some equipment in the stand!
IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

heres the dart that will run the closed loop
IMG_0214.jpg

I also plan on running a calcium reactor! I bought a schuran pico recently so I have to find a way to work it into the stand with all the other equipment! i tell you what, If I could start over I would have made the tank 48x24x18 just so I could fit more equipment under the stand!!! I still need to figure out where the auto top off and fresh water res are going to fit in :( LOL

tigerarmy90

lright ladies and gents, I have the ca reactor in the stand but I need some help. My skimmers footprint is pretty monsterous (8x18") before the gatevalve and drain so I need a pretty large compartment to house it. I also need some room for a refugium and finally the return section. The problem I am having is there is very little room under the stand and I think the largest sump I could fit with the other equipment would be 24x18x16. here is a pic of all the equipment sitting under the stand.
IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

the tape is there to show you where a 24" sump would end and how much room I have to work with, I would like to have room to adjust and do maintanance
IMG_0253.jpg

any suggestions? could really use some help on this one!!!

I have a few designs drawn up and will add them later this evening

tigerarmy90

alright ladies and gents, since you can see that I dont have much room under the stand I am taking suggestions on sump designs...I NEED HELP lol, so if you have them ro designs that you have drawn up in the past let me know...I would also like to take this thread in a different direction and ask to see pics of small sumps. Moslty need to see sumps that are small but functional :)

mps9506

Are you planning on putting the CO2 cylinder under the stand? I would recomend having it outside the stand so it is easy to remove to get filled back up later. You could probably even make a small stand or cabinet next to your stand to hide the CO2 canister, it would also let you strap down the cylinder just in case of an accident.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
goldmember1.jpg

Don't forget the rubber shower pan lining from Home depot for the floor of your stand.

Looks Sweet... very nice work...:thumbup:

tigerarmy90

thanks for the links guys! I have contacted them both with some drawing of what I think i want and they are both checking into it for me!!! ah, it feels good to ge some feedback on sumps! I have been looking around for quite a while! just in all the wrong places ;)

as far as running the co2 tank outside the stand I have been thinking about this alot, I have a closet close to the tank that has been awarded the name of the "random equipment closet" by my wife. I was think I could do the auto top off res and entire ca reactor in the closet so I could free up some room under the stand. I would have to run the lines under the door and they would be viewable but man would it make some room. I am going to be feed the ca reactor with a prerristaltic pump so I think it will push the water the distance to the reactor through it and back to the sump. I was considering doing the same for the top off and having it controlled by a acjr. anyone doing this for top off?

terry~the wife wanted me to tell you that the walls are strictly off limits :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
I really like the tank a lot. Great job on the stand and hood. The lighting is awesome also. :)
How about building a separate cabinet for all the equipment and just use the stand for the sump only?

tigerarmy90

def worth a shot, she just isnt giving up an entire room to the tank unless I buy a larger house!!! lol

So I have one of the guys from the first link for acrylic sumps and he has been really helpful! I showed him a few of the drawings that I had and he came up with something that I think is going to work...its going to be tight in the sump but it may just do the job!!! let me know what you thinka nd if I should make any adjustments before ordering it

its 24x18x16 and has room for my skimmer wich has a footprint of 18x8. I will still be adding a filter sock and nracket for acjr probes
new.jpg

tbittner

Which compartment is which? Is the top/right compartment where the water comes into it and is also the skimmer compartment? And then the bottom/left compartment is a fuge? And the top/left is the return?

In any event, I would think you would want the teeth more towards the outside edge so the water had a little more dwell time, wouldn't you?

Is that a Euro brace around the top edge? Will that give you enough room to still allow you to get the skimmer into it?