My 200gl

tbittner

As hard as it is to believe, eggcrates holes are just too big to act as a top. Hopefully you'll find the other one.

lcstorc

Glad most of the corals are taking for you.
So sorry about the fish. I have spent more time than I want to admit trying to figure out why they jump. It just doesn't make any sense sometimes. Particularly the long thin fish can even jump through the eggcrate so you have to be even more careful.
Glad the tank is coming along well and hope you can find replacement fish.

cracker

I'm sad to report two darts didn't make it. There is one left in hiding. I'm pretty sure the Sailfin tang was the cause . All three Darts(hanging together) seemed fine & ate well. Now ,I see the tang chasing the one left. I didn't see this aggression in the beginning. I believe just the presence of the much larger tang was enough to stress the darts. Then a lunge or two was enough to send them skyward. I knew these Zebra Darts were skittish but assumed there was enough room in the tank. I'm not very happy with myself right now. I lost money but the Darts paid a much higher price.

cracker

It's been some time since I posted. Everybody is doing fine. The one Dart is doing OK but is fairly shy.The corals seem to be doing well. I did have one scary situation. I have been painting my kitchen and didn't consider the paint fumes. Even though it was in another room the next day the skimmer went ballistic & the water surface in sump was full of foam! After more than a few water changes, I realized Everybody was OK. I will be sure to use proper ventilation in the future!

cracker

Hello! I've been busy with life in general lately. Time to replace the filters in the ro/di filter.

lcstorc

How about some pics?
Great job warning everyone about the paint fumes.
Glad everything was fine.

cracker

I didn't expect any problems with painting my kitchen. The house was all closed up & the AC running. I have to finish the job, so I'm doing just a little at a time at night when it's cooler. I had to shut off the AC & skimmer,& open all the windows until I can't smell any paint fumes. I'm using water based paints. The skimmer looked like a Mr Bubble bath! That won't happen again.It was bad. I literally removed a film of what appeared to be paint from the skimmer cup & micron sock. The fish could care less but the corals didn't like it one bit. What was I thinking?:smck:

cracker

I have been doing a LOT of water changes. I don't know what was worse, the paint fumes or the 10 TDS water coming from the filter! I'll take some pics real soon.