My 200gl

cracker

Evening Every body, Well my 200 is gone now. I gave it to a young guy who was very happy . He said" Man ,Thanks I'd never be able to afford this big of a tank . I'm going to break it down and start over". I chuckled to my self. I was about his age when I got this huge tank that I couldn't afford new. I did the exact same thing he plans to do. I'm happy it went to somebody that will keep it going.
Any way this "My 200 "thread is done now. I'm kinda sad about it . I's been 9 years in the making. I learned so much in that time and had a lot of fun with it. So what to do? Do I officially close it and start another? I think I'm gonna cry.:wah:

cracker

Your Right Blue Space. It's time to Man Up ! Hey I get a brand new tank and set it up anyway I want !
Thanks Nano, I'll figure out what to do when I have something worth posting. I got a lot of boring painting and such to do before I even order the tank !

Squatch XXL

I think I'm gonna cry.
Don't fret. EVERYTHING in this hobby takes time and patience. Take your time, and get the tank you want, that has all the "features" you need, and none of the fluff you don't. In my situation I spent over a decade out of the hobby....but still planned my next "perfect" build.....Which ended up being my 40 breeder. It is a good feeling to have a no-frills tank custom designed to suit the user that suits the livestock choices.....I really wanted to upgrade to a 4' tank @ 24" wide, but I am not ready for that $$$$$$ (yet...give me a few years).

It is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved before.

cracker

Thanks Squatch, LOL I talked to my trusted lfs about differing prices on a new tank (reef ready opposed to a plain tank etc.) I feel better already !

cracker

Hey Stir ! How are Ya Man? No tank yet but I'm working on it. I did get manage to get the room painted though ! Hey it's a start. LOL I got a side scheme going. I have decided to use a 75 for a sump. So If I buy a new one with nice clear glass I can swap it out for my old cloudy etched 75 that is full of rock and corals fishes etc. then I get a nice shiny 75 and use the old one as a sump ! I will make a down payment tomorrow and have it by Friday ! So I swap out the 75's work out the baffle panels etc tune up and paint the stand and set it in place . After that it will all be easy right ? I figure oncw I order the big tank, I'll officially close this thread and start another . Honest I'm all fired up on this project and will keep it on the fast track ! :celebrate:

cracker

It's all good Stir, Everybody gets busy with life in general.. so today I gave the Man a down payment for the 75. He said there were 33 in Tampa so sure I'll have it by Friday. So I've never swapped out a tank full of fish and coral. Looks Like I'm about to get a crash course on this subject.

Oxylebius

Start a new thread and link back to this one, as there is a lot of good advice in this one for those who will take the time to read and learn....

:cheers: