More Mods

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I hope that our "change of name color" doesn't really change anything as far as anyone can tell. Much of the "Mod Work" is behind the scenes (stoopid spammers) as opposed to out here in the open.

Please don't let seeing "Mod Colors" change anything as we're still just reefers wanting to learn from and help fellow reefers. I have the luxury of being able to spend a LOT of time online especially through the week (I have a GREAT job) and I tend to follow/read "Current" posts using iSpy. If you happen to see me tagging along it's not to "Moderate" but to read and learn as I have been trying to do since day one. I hope my tone/attitude doesn't change in the least. I LOVE this place and everyone here (Except the freaking SPAMMERS).

lcstorc

You wouldn't believe how many of those there are.
The mods are clearly doing a lot of work just to keep spam off of the board plus provide guidance etc.

bluespotjawfish

Nothing is wrong at all. I enjoy your posts. I was just offering a suggestion. Not just for the newbies, but some of the experienced mods too. The past few days you guys do seem that you are all trying to out do each other on posting. But, no one has commented on my posts today (you guys aren't mad at me are you). Really, all is fine. Just wanted to comment.

Appreciate all you do! So come help me with my bugs!

rlcline76

I hope that our "change of name color" doesn't really change anything as far as anyone can tell. Much of the "Mod Work" is behind the scenes (stoopid spammers) as opposed to out here in the open.

Please don't let seeing "Mod Colors" change anything as we're still just reefers wanting to learn from and help fellow reefers. I have the luxury of being able to spend a LOT of time online especially through the week (I have a GREAT job) and I tend to follow/read "Current" posts using iSpy. If you happen to see me tagging along it's not to "Moderate" but to read and learn as I have been trying to do since day one. I hope my tone/attitude doesn't change in the least. I LOVE this place and everyone here (Except the freaking SPAMMERS).

I'll try to keep the butt kissing to a minimum. lol

ReefLady

Staff member
First, welcome to the new mods! Though I appreciate the additional attention in times of trouble (which I have many), I would like to offer a word of caution about over posting/moderating. If you want regular folks to take up some of the slack in offering assistance on this site, it might be good to step back a bit. Of course, if someone is in trouble and needs immediate assistance, make it happen. For me, I get a bit overwhelmed when mods are right in front of me or follow right behind me in a thread. Makes me think that I am posting something wrong! Sometimes I am and I don't mind being corrected. But, after a while I start thinking that I have nothing to offer.

I really like how Craig has kept his eye on the Bluespot thread. If folks start slacking in their responses, he is there making sure that a thread gets the attention it needs to stay strong. But, he usually isn't the first to reply. And, he rarely will reply with anything that contradicts what has been said, but rather quizzes people with additional questions to keep us all thinking. I never feel that he is taking over the thread and I appreciate that.

That said, I do value your input on all my threads, and the advice and encouragement you have offered me has helped me tremendously. Even the PMs with phone numbers (even on Holidays). I believe each of you have a lot to offer and this post is not meant to criticize any of you.

Again, welcome!:girlthumb:

We do put emphasis on not being too heavy-handed... I think we generally do a good job at that. However, if you or anyone ever feels things are being over-moderated, please please please feel free to contact me via PM.

:hug1:

Witfull

oh the beers frankie and i used to consume nightly while in the chat room and on the phone at the same time.....truely bad situation!!!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Did i ever tell you the story of when the raccoon got into the basement when i opened the window to grab a beer? LOL! He must have been raiding my stash damn him!

vdituri

Can we get a pic of this hillbilly basement where you need to open a window to get a beer? :dunno:

I'm having trouble visualizing this. Drive thru liquor store? lol

dianezoo

Oh, so mods are the red letters. LOL I didnt know that, I knew who the mods were, well most of you but I didnt notice the difference in color tiles.
How unobservant am I LOL. Thanks for all you do keeping the place classy~ (sucking up just a tad)