More Mods

Frankie

RS STAFF
This site needs more moderators. I have noticed many hours of none available and quite a few that have gone missing. Just thought i would make a suggestion.

lcstorc

I've noticed it as well Frankie. There are a lot of posts lately and it is almost impossible to keep up. Some more mods would help. Of course the regular members who spend a lot of time here help a lot.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
What's "slipping" through the cracks that the MODs need to do? I'm just being nosey I guess :)

rlcline76

LOL
I am pretty sure I have only uttered "underwear" once today...and is because I was challenged.

Otherwise, I have been good. I think!

vdituri

There monitoring this thread right now.
sssssshhhhh. They're everywhere.
Every time Becky says underwear a thread gets closed somewhere.

I'm just here for the free donuts. Carry on.

Triggerjay

i-like-where-this-thread-is-going.jpg

Jason

ReefLady

Staff member
I'll discuss it with Doni, we're always open to the idea... but the criteria for needing more mods has never been making sure that there is always one online... there's no way any number of mods can monitor the site real-time. We just need to ask ourselves if the "job is getting done" with the current number of mods.

T

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hummm.. what is not getting done with our current mod-squad?

Jason, what makes you think this thread is going to get locked? Cus Victor said "underwear"? LOL

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
im going to be VERY DELICATE! and NICE lol, we, not seeing what "needs" doing in the day to day dirty,spamriddled, dufus,and uncontrolled members chores can only be seeking a slightly different type of moderation? The mere sight of RED LETTERS gives us a sense of security in times of trouble(even tho some people are logged in and fast asleep lol) anyhow what I see is pretty simple, the mods are working on the day to day stuff, we red flag something and it gets fixed thats good,but what the site needs imho is imput, we have a site thats growing and growing but resting on its laurels, there are forums that have not been active in a year plus, we have a huge announcement about avatars thats been sucking up space for i dont know how long, we have 1 running contest and stickies that are so lost in space they are almost unusable. I loce all our mods and admins but guys! FRESH BLOOD! we need a little enthusiasm and creative thinking, I dont see how 3 working mods are going to address these issues, the human tide of reefers is just washing you out.Steve

teresa

I'll discuss it with Doni, we're always open to the idea... but the criteria for needing more mods has never been making sure that there is always one online... there's no way any number of mods can monitor the site real-time. We just need to ask ourselves if the "job is getting done" with the current number of mods.

T

I do not come to the site often but whenever I am in I see Boozeman online, but recently he too disappeared.I wonder where he has gone or is he feeling overworked as the only Mod most of the time online?

Octoman

I think the specific question here is:

What specifically do you feel could be improved upon through further or existing moderation?

Sas gave some good ideas, but I feel that what he is mentioning could be accomplished through some kind of focus/advisory committee rather than additional mods. This could be made up of a group of committed RS members who could discuss ways to improve the look/feel of RS and funnel these ideas to Travis and the other mods for final decisions.

Personally, I feel that the existing mods accomplish the "moderation" job just fine, but they could always benefit from input from the community on ways to improve/vitalize the site.

rlcline76

I agree with both Sasquatch and Octoman.
I do see those red letters and have a sense of security, although...it does look like anything too nonsensical gets taken care of promptly. I just came from a place where the staff was asleep at the wheel, so I really appreciate having the mods around.
Input, absolutely.
Hopefully our mods are just caught up with life and that the trend will reverse itself soon.

BoomerD

As one of the old-timers here, I'd volunteer my services (for the standard moderator fees) to help out. I also see lots of hours when there's no mod or admin logged in and spammers post crap, which may sit on the site for a few hours until one of the "powers that be" log in and deal with it. Being one of the "left-coasters" I'm usually on later than most of the staff, AND, as a result of moderating elsewhere, I can bring my own moderator panel:

afh.jpg

And when needed, I have my own custom-made banstick.

images%5CYK0413_l.jpg

I'm well trained and not afraid to wield it...:D

Frankie

RS STAFF
I think everyone but Jason hit it on the head :p. Its a sense of security. Being a family friendly forum there should always be a mod on to control the going ons.
I think the current staff does an awesome job! There is no cleaner site online imo. I was just voicing my opinion because i see some mod's are MIA and there are many hours when there are none. Like Sas said, Fresh blood is a necessity. It's like doing a water change ;)