Mistakes You've Made

brandon

My newest one I made 2 days ago was picking up a media reactor and added a cup of de nitrate to it. It fried my sps most of my inverts and im still loosing corals 2 days later. I wont add that stuff again.

AJK

My newest one I made 2 days ago was picking up a media reactor and added a cup of de nitrate to it. It fried my sps most of my inverts and im still loosing corals 2 days later. I wont add that stuff again.

Ouch !! Sorry to read that :(

AJK

I think I'll invest in Anselth's Leapfrog. They look pretty cool. Still, I flooded my bathroom twice in a week and I wouldn't trade my little Armor All wet vac for anything!

Hi Cat, what in the world is an Anselth's leapfrog ? Happy to read, you have a wet vac for forgetful moments. They can come in handy for tank leaks too :)

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick

Ooh. That's rough

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

catran

Wow, yeah, that hurts...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

catran

Dude, I AM SO SORRY! It's Leakfrog. The link is in post #234 of this thread. Lol, I can't believe I put a "p" instead of a "k"! Sorry, dork here...

catran

Actually, it looks like a toy, but it's pretty cool. I plan on using it with my new sump too. I'm getting a two pack.

AJK

Actually, it looks like a toy, but it's pretty cool. I plan on using it with my new sump too. I'm getting a two pack.

Hi Cat, let us know how leakfrogs work out for you, at the rate I'm going, I probably should purchase one. Thanks for the info :)

Jerry

The worst mistake that I've ever made is to skip the quarantine procedure. There was a small tang which I bought from the pet shop and seeing it so quiet, lying motionless without any friend, I just thought that the living condition might have spooked him. I added the guy into the main display tank in less than 2 days of quarantine period and in just a matter of a week, the whole aquarium population started dying one by one from a mysterious fin rot disease!

dmatt88

My wife told me to say "have they seen ur thread "

Woohoo Matt has tapatalk back

Lemonpeel

I tried to twist a PVC pipe that I forgot was connected from my return pump. I snapped the PVC and flooded out the kitchen...

cindys

Yep, just had the same problem......but with ich. Now I will NEVER skip the quarantine process again! Still trying to catch all the dang fish to get them out of display tank!

kyle1284

had a heathy reproducing snail population in my 75 gallon 7 years ago when i was in college. Added a Black Niger Trigger.... well you can guess the rest....

started to fill a 5 gallon jug with RO/DI water on top of the washer and left for a mini vacation. well... you can guess the rest...Came back to a swamp.

redneckgearhead

Killed a beautiful Gold Rim Tang with a flashlight....Yep I shined the light into the QT tank that he was in, literally scared him to death. Happy and healthy one second dead the next. Craziest thing I have ever seen.

Built347

when i hooked up my sump for the first time the water level was below the bulkheads in the display. I plugged in the 2400 and ran upstairs to find water spraying EVERYWHERE over the top of the tank throughout the living room.. floor, ceiling, couches, tv,.... everything got wet....even the dog....lol bad day.

Built347

Lol..ya the dog loved it... he'll take a big old gulp of saltwater out of a bucket.. cough and gag for a second and come right back for some more...?????? I don't get it...lol

Sent from my BatPhone using Tapatalk