Mistakes You've Made

von G

kind of goes along with the quarantine gig....

friend watching my tank while I'm away for 2 weeks (drops in every 3 days to feed and top up)
goes into LFS and sees a cool little paisly fish (mandarin goby)

dumps it in my tank with the water from the LFS - bye bye coral. got copper?
the tank eventually had to be shut down. coral crash ended up nuking everything.... very smelly.

lesson learned - don't leave your tanks in the hands of a rookie, even if they were only trying to be nice :)

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
LOL i will force people to read my threads if they care to have any idea what im talking about...hahahaha

In place of lol......lmao HEEEEEEEE.......hahahaha...

dmatt88

Reminds me of the old busta rhymes cd. Extinction level event. Man seriously I'm old that cd is 23 yrs old. Sheez

Woohoo Matt has tapatalk back

Built347

Didnt peg you for a BR fan.. HEE.

Didnt know that was 23 yrs old... i have that cd in my car...HEE

My big mistake was trusting the LPS too much! If I had done more research and go to a couple more different store to ask before I do or buy anything I would have saved about $10000 all together. I used to had a 55gal tank for freshwater fish, decide to take the jump and switch to saltwater reef tank. Bought a rated 400 rea sea hang on protin skimmer costing about $600, a sump cost $600 which is rated for a 30 gal tank. bought a whole bunch of equipments and food and additives. countless live stock. I live in LA and the store owner told me a chiller is not nesseccary. Until I learned it the hard way in the summer time. Wasted countless live stock and had to go back to buy a chiller. He told me the live rocks and live sands must be replace, so spent a lot of money again. Long story short. If I had go online, or go to another store like I do now to vivid. I would have saved so much money that my now planning 550 gal would be running already!!!

Tokalosh

My BIGEST mistake was putting my fish in a bucket with a toadstool when my tanked cracked.
Only 5 of the 11 fish survived, and only just.

Tok

catran

Actually, I'm still working on my biggest mistake, lol! I've flooded either the kitchen or bathroom at least 20 times. It's the ADD!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mitchell

Skimped too much on Skimmers...Always ended buying a better one anyway so I might as well had spent the bigger bucks on a top notch skimmer first. It probably would have saved me money. This is why I have gone OVERKILL on my two newest skimmers.....insert EVIL laugh here...

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Skimped too much on Skimmers...Always ended buying a better one anyway so I might as well had spent the bigger bucks on a top notch skimmer first. It probably would have saved me money. This is why I have gone OVERKILL on my two newest skimmers.....insert EVIL laugh here...
the search for better skimmers is a huge expense in reef keeping, at some point you begin to realize there is only so much poo available and wishing won't make it so lol