Martin's RSM 130

I got a job at a fish store called Scotts Pet Shop, on kingery and ogden in illinois if anybody is from chicago haha, its fun, we have a lot of cool fish, a shark pond with nurse sharks and lemon sharks, a 1400gallon tank a 700gallon tank and a bunch others, really neat and fun job! Clownfish are doing perfectly fine, took that female downstairs and shes getting along wiht the others and the ones upstairs are fine too, i just ordered lights on amazon.com for both the RSM upstairs and teh 55 gallon downstairs! :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I grew up in Chicago, and remember Ogden, but not Kingery. It's been a long time since I left and it's a big city LOL! Sounds like a cool job!

Kingery crosses I-55, and turns into archer ave haha, well i just took all of my montiporas upstairs cuz my rsm lights are not as worn out as the downstairs ones, these things are DYING!! all the little fuzzy polyps on them are starting to burn out, theyll be fine after a couple days in my RSM while my lights come in, just ordered new ones, all of the ones in my 55 are old except for 1 bulb which is considerably brighter than all the rest, but everything else should be fine for 3-4 days while it ships! Bought new lights for the RSM too its gonna be BRRIIIGGGHHT!!! can't wait ha

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good luck with the Montis - hopefully the better lighting will have them back into good condition.

catran

Oh, that's Scott's in Claredon Hills, not Scott's in Westchester! The one in Westchester was an awesome
store for Cichlids a few years back. Sad to see it sold, it went downhill really fast.
I've got to drive out there and visit with you! Let me know when you guys have any sales on SPS frag packs.
Cat

Ya the guy i buy frag packs from really hooks it up, the place in clarendon was a scum hole couple weeks ago when i went, its gettign better, theyre still getting it organized cuz all the stuff from westchester was moved here and its kinda cramped, but cool store, AWESOME shark pond with nurse and lemon sharks, theyve got some cool stuff, for sure man come visit my names martin

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Good luck with the new job, don't give them back your whole paycheck buying corals ;)

ps - Martin - if you ever want your thread re-named Martin's RSM 130, can do :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cheers - if you every want it changed again or anyone else want a thread title changes, just let Terry or I know :dance: both of us are more than happy to help !

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Cheers - if you every want it changed again or anyone else want a thread title changes, just let Terry or I know :dance: both of us are more than happy to help !

And it's incredibly quick and easy for us to do - one of the fun parts of being a moderator (helping people). :)

catran

Cool, will do one day. Good luck on the new job, wish I had the time for another job at a LFS!

Ya its cool, their prices are kinda steep but and the 20% discount is ok, but id prefer if they could buy something for me at wholesale price from the seller, and thanks a lot guys, looks better, tanks not so new anymore haha

So my manager lets me take any sick fish home to quarantine, ones that are about to die, and i had some nice tangs! two of them, one was super sick and died within an hour and the other died after like 3 hours but my salinity was wrong and i didnt really get teh tank cycled or anything yet. I'm curious if you guys have any tips on quarantining fish to help them survive, do you think that copper helps, cuz i put copper and maracyn two in there? any input is appreciated thanks guys!

It might be iodide cuz my montipora capricornis and spongodes are fine :/ idk im completely stumped, i added activated carbon to try to filter out some of the copper we'll see, tested ammonia was fine, ph was like 8-8.2 and btw CHANGED MY LIGHTS IN MY RSM!!! SO sweeeeet looks a million times better, i used my lights for 6 months and teh guy before me used them for like a year haha so its a hell of a difference!