Lynn's 90 gallons of Sunshine

tbittner

Re: LCStorc's pony adventure

Congratulations, Lynn! You're now the envy of a LOT of people, including me! :)

lcstorc

Well someone asked for firefish pics earlier so I will start with those.
2008-03-24069.jpg

2008-03-24066.jpg

2008-03-24068.jpg

lcstorc

And now for the star of the show (until I get my ponies anyway.)
2008-03-24140.jpg

2008-03-24142.jpg

2008-03-24144.jpg

2008-03-24152.jpg

More later. I want to give him some time to settle in.

panmanmatt

Gorgeous pics!!! Those firefish have some great colour.

I now have blue spot envy, again.

BarbMazz

Beautiful, Lynn! This was surely serendipity. So glad you found a blue spot. Your firefish are wonderful, too.

I'll keep watching for those ponies!

And, yeah, Matt, ponies are a thought for one of those eleventy-seven tanks I'd like in my house!

BarbMazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbMazz
And, yeah, Matt, ponies are a thought for one of those eleventy-seven tanks I'd like in my house!

Awesome, let me know when you're ready to tackle that tank.

Thank you! I will definitely do that.. Seahorses are one of my dreams from when I was a little girl. Hmmm Maybe I should do THAT first. Yikes! I have to decide!!

Royalscott

Love the jawfish. Scott saw one at the reef store the other day and would like to have one in the near future, along with a bigger tank.

Terri

Lynn the fish are very nice. Are the fish jumpers? is there a lid on the tank. I had one long ago and i think he jumped out. They sure make the tank look pretty... Wheres that chiller, wheres those ponies, LOL good luck they look great.:swmfish:

lcstorc

Here is a slideshow of the 90 as of now. Not too many of sparkles. He will get his own show later. I do show part of the jump proof top. The light is in the center of the tank and on either side we have eggcrate covered with window screen.

rebekwl

Hey Lyyn! Great pics! Congrats on your new Bluespot, how long until you get that chiller hooked up so you can get the ponies in there? I can't wait :)

lcstorc

I just learned an important lession about Blue Spot Jawfish and wanted to document it here as well as the bluespot thread.
If you look at the above pictures you can see my new bluespot hanging out under an arch in the rock with a bunch of CC in front of him. He promptly took all the CC inside and was given more and more until it quit disappearing. Meanwhile he looked great and was eating like a pig.
A few days later he suddenly stopped eating for no reason I could come up with. I was very very worried so I posted on the bluespot thread in a panic. I have lost 2 of these guys before and really didn't want to watch another one die. Anyway Scott (Dentoid) and I started a discussion and when he realized I was using CC he told me to get bigger pieces.
Well I did. Increasingly large pieces. He immedately grabbed them and put them in his burrow. I kept giving him larger and larger pieces and you would not believe what he grabbed and moved.
This morning I wake up to see this monster structure covered with sand and a hole just big enough for his head to pop out. I gave him a few minutes to wake up and put a couple of pellets in front of him. He watched the first few float by and I started to get worried. Then he popped out and started grabbing pellets as they fell.
I am so happy I could scream.
Hopefully some more bluespots can be saved by this information. I knew they needed rubble but I always assumed pieces the size of thier mouth. They can and will use HUGE stuff.
Anyway, just wanted to give everybody the opportunity to learn before they make the same mistake I did.

Anselth

Lynn, did those firefish come paired? Glad to hear your BS is eating again. :thumbup:

lcstorc

Well we bought 2 that were hanging out together and they are aways together in the tank, but I have no idea if they are a true pair. Is there a way to tell the difference?

Anselth

Not that I'm aware of, although they're supposed to be aggressive towards members of the same species.

lcstorc

Well then mine may well be a pair. Even though they are in an almost empty 90g tank they are always witin a few inches of each other.

lcstorc

They are beautiful. If you haven't already watch the slideshow a page or two back. There are lots of pics of them hanging out together.