Lynn's 90 gallons of Sunshine

lcstorc

Re: LCStorc's pony adventure

Sparkles new home.
sparklescave001.jpg

sparklescave004.jpg

sparklescave003.jpg

sparklescave002.jpg

Absolutely amazing what he did in one evening and overnight.
Sorry for the bad pics. Frank is the photographer and he is at work.

goldenmean

Sparkle Power!
He looks great.

I hear you have a banacle blenny too.
I have one in my nano and I just loce him.
Bimbo just darts out of his rock for food as speedy as your speedy.
Otherwise he is hanging his head out of his hole in the rock and watches everything. I have discovered he comes out of his home and explores the tank when ALL lights are off. I have my moonlight go off for about 3 hours and I have caught him exploring the tank. When the flashlight hits him he just freezes and pretends he is not there.

lcstorc

That is exactly what mine does and why he is named speedy. I have never seen anything move so fast. We have only had him a couple of weeks and I swear he has grown. I may have to take him out of this tank when I get ponies though. I don't know if he will fight them for food or not. He is certainly not agressive now but he could end up in the reef. So nice to have multiple tanks. If he doesn't work one place I can move him to another. If I can catch him that is. I think I would have to move the whole rock somehow.

goldenmean

I recently did some major re-working of my LR in the nano and Bimbo did not leave his rock even when I took the rock out of the water for maybe 30 seconds. I kept watching for him to jump and land on the floor but he stayed in his home.
I wouldnt think Speedy would compete for food with the ponies. I have to make sure that food falls near Bimbo's rock. He does not venture far to get food but then he is housed with 2 clowns and a cleaner shrimp and Bimbo is intimidated by them.

lcstorc

Well I wasn't sure if Sparkles was done so I took another large rock from the fuge and broke it up into pieces (it was a LARGE rock). We'll see if he uses that as well. I'll keep giving him stuff until he quits using it. Obviously it makes him happy and I want a happy fish.

lcstorc

Mine will chase food big time. I am trying to upload some video that includes him zipping around and a closeup of his adorable little face. The lips and the red eyes are why Frank just had to have him. We had no idea how fast and fun he was until we got home and fed him.

lcstorc

Well we took some video before Sparkles made his new home. It's not as exciting since the tank is pretty empty but the bluespot and the barnacle blenney are both featured heavily.

goldenmean

Thats great Lynn.
Speedy is fast!
Bimbo never ventures as far away from his home as Speedy does.
Must be because he is in a much smaller tank and with larger food hogs.

panmanmatt

Great pics Lynn. If 5that is a gorgonian by the burrow I would suggest moving it out of the sand. Any part of it that is buried wil die off and the necrosis will work it's way up the rest of the coral.

lcstorc

hmm The parent has always been in the sand.
Well easy enough to move it. I wanted it higher anyway.

boozeman

very cool video...I love the way all the critters come out of hidding when its feeding time

lcstorc

I really need to take some pictures of sparkles palace now. He has like 3 different entrances each one just big enough for him to fit through. At night he closes all of the doors and goes to sleep. Yesterday he stole food right from the mouth of the barnacle blenney. I felt bad for the blenney but sparkles is certainly eating now. Don't want murphy calling but this is the happiest one I have had so far. One of the others was sick from the start and the other jumped. This guy is clearly healthy and as far as I know there is no way for him to get out.
Pics in a bit. Gotta talk hubby into taking them since he does a much better job.

lcstorc

Well sparkles had a name change this weekend.
I kept finding myself calling him sunshine so I guess that name is going to stick.

lcstorc

OK I am really starting to scare myself with this fish. They just have soo much personality apparently it has even sunk into my subconscious.
It's not bad enough that I turn on the light and either say or sing good morning to sunshine. It is not bad enough that the first thing I do when I get home is say hi again.
No, now I have to dream about the fish. This is starting to get scary.
Anyway, last night he had a portable home in a clear lunchbox type thing and I took him around with me on vacation.
How scary is that?
Anyway it was funny so I thought I would share.
:)
:away: :away: :help1:

Anselth

Very funny Lynn! I've had fish dreams as well, so don't feel crazy :)

lcstorc

Well I know I am crazy but this is just a new level.
Sometimes I scare myself.

lcstorc

I need to do another now that Sunshine is out more. Also to show his now palace. Maybe pics will do. The weekend is coming and hubby has to work Saturday so maybe I will do some experimenting while he is gone. He takes the good pics though so if mine come out icky I'll ask him to take some on Sunday. :)

lcstorc

OK Guys and Gals I need som suggestions here.
I have a 90g tech tank which was set up for seahorses. The chiller hasn't been plumbed yet so the ponies have to wait for now.
Meanwhile I can't stand to sit here and look at this almost emply tank. I haeve T5 lighting to keep the teemp downm and so far I have a bluespot jawfish, and a pair of purple firefish. I also have a rock of blue polypsl, an orange gorgonian and a brown gorgonian.
I am looking for some color and/or movement I can add to the tank that will not be a bother to my poines.
Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks