Lethals RSM 250

Status
Not open for further replies.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Thanks for that link Terry. It sounds like Quakers are quite prominent in Chicago.

Eddie, glad you could stop by and have a break from killin' LOL.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
You're welcome Leigh. Don't forget the pics of your Quaker!

Edit - I see you posted pics in the pet thread - beautiful addition to the family!

matthew11

Hi Lethal,

your tank thread is a good read :) Good to see another aussie haha, I live in Melbourne, Vic. I too visit reeflections aquarium quite a lot to when im on holidays, do you have any other preferred LFS's?

lethal

Cheers Matthew. I don't have any decent LFS's near me so Reeflections is the only place I have been too although they are a long way away. The local Petstock is trying to get started in marines but have very limited choices for corals. Have you tried any online suppliers? I haven't been game.

matthew11

Yes I agree, sometimes what i find is people sell marine but you just wouldn't risk buying it from them. So far Reflections is the best option i reckon but yeh its far away for me too. haha I haven't tried any online suppliers, with the cost of the livestock + the shipping im not to game either, its a shame we don't have a online supplier such as liveaquaria.com. its weird considering Australia has so much marine life yet we barely get anything in LFS and the prices are so outrageous. St kilda aquariums not bad but recently its gone down hill. coralcrazy.com.au isnt a bad online coral store ive been looking at....yet havent tried it out yet when I do I will let you know

lethal

It's been ages since I did an update so here it is. I finally received my new doser so I installed it on the weekend. It seems pretty good so far, nice and easy to setup and a calibration feature which I liked. I feel quite lazy now not having to manually dose everyday. I'm doing 20ml per day of Ca, Alk and Mg divided up into 6 doses over a 24 hour period at 6 minutes apart for each dose.. I'll monitor this to see if I need to adjust it.

I've also started using Purigen with the CPE and i'm giving Reggies Special Blend a go too, to try and clean up my sandbed and rocks a little. When he said that it stinks he was so right, absolutely disgusting. The kids got a laugh out of it though LOL.

I've tried uploading some pics but Photobucket seems to be playing up so i'll do it later.

Dweezil

It has been ages for your update ;) Congrats on the dosing equiment. I would have liked to see your kids faces and yours for that matter when you got a good smell of that stuff. LOL

lethal

Thanks Tammy. It was funny, my daughter actually gagged, aren't I a sadist? :)

Well here are pictures as promised.

20062011199.jpg

20062011197.jpg

It needs a tidy up but you get the picture.

20062011198.jpg

20062011200.jpg

Dweezil

Leigh ~ The tank looks beautiful. I guess you got that algea under control because I sure don't see it. Really Pretty!

lethal

Thanks again Tammy, yep just a bit on the rocks and sand but otherwise i'm pretty happy :).

jpsika08

Tanks is looking beautiful Leigh, nice coral coloration.
Congrats on the dosing pump, it looks really pro! :D

LOL about the Smell o Vision, THAT I wouldn't want to see/smell LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.