Jeff's RSM 400

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I think it's all up to what kind of reef you want to setup. Deep sand bed, lots of rock, etc is all up to you

Good question. How do envision ur Reef. What do u want the final set up to look like.

.....I'm a Myreeftoyours.com addict.

jpsika08

I have 200 pounds of rock in a 400 display tank. So no rule on that, you can go less but avoid going over so you have enough free room for your fish to swim around.

Also, what I did was place the rock first on the glass and then sand around it, with this you can avoid that a fish that likes to dig gets crushed under the rock.

G' luck

jeffrey

AI2A9909.jpg

Got back from the gym and got the lighting system done. Seems that I have some cleaning to do, glass is a mess.

jeffrey

I have 200 pounds of rock in a 400 display tank. So no rule on that, you can go less but avoid going over so you have enough free room for your fish to swim around.

Also, what I did was place the rock first on the glass and then sand around it, with this you can avoid that a fish that likes to dig gets crushed under the rock.

G' luck

Juan your Monster tank is incredible, thanks for your response and info.

RedSea Aviad

RS Sponsor
View attachment 21778

My first Oh ****. This is the fit of the floor board on the chiller side of the cabinet.

Hello Jeff,
I’m sorry for the mishap, It looks like an S-500 board was placed in the S-400 by mistake.
I passed it on to our HQ and we will do our best to prevent it from reoccurring.
Since the boards are less than an inch apart this kind of thing can happen every so often.
You shouldn’t have bothered to fix it, since we have all of the parts in stock for such eventualities, for immediate shipment.

All the best and good luck with your new tank,
Aviad

jeffrey

Hello Jeff,
I’m sorry for the mishap, It looks like an S-500 board was placed in the S-400 by mistake.
I passed it on to our HQ and we will do our best to prevent it from reoccurring.
Since the boards are less than an inch apart this kind of thing can happen every so often.
You shouldn’t have bothered to fix it, since we have all of the parts in stock for such eventualities, for immediate shipment.

All the best and good luck with your new tank,
Aviad

Aviad,
Thanks for your response and the email. It was an easy fix!
It's great having access to you and the Red Sea support team.

jeffrey

Looking good Jeff, now I think you need to move the dog.

Tok
Thanks! Took the garbage to the curb this morning and found an O ring in a box that was suppose to be used somewhere, not good. Rock on the way and starting up the RO this weekend.

Yup...the dog has to find a new location!

Tokalosh

Thanks! Took the garbage to the curb this morning and found an O ring in a box that was suppose to be used somewhere, not good. Rock on the way and starting up the RO this weekend.

Yup...the dog has to find a new location!

I'm sure you will find out where it goes once you fill it with water....:bouncer:

Tok

jeffrey

IMG_9913.jpg
Finally got the rock from Reef Cleaners and got it in the tank.
Also, added some sort of Fugi sand that was purchased from a LFS.

jeffrey

IMG_9918.jpg

As I make RO /DI water I think back to a post that I didn't understand. For every gallon on good water that a RO system makes you will lose at least twice that amount down the drain, this is soooooooooo true! This is sad but is still a lot cheaper than purchasing water!