Jeff's RSM 400

jeffrey

IMG_9920.jpg
After many many hours this weekend we have finally got to the point where water has just begun to spill over until the sump tank. Having never been the owner of a sump I have to wonder at what point the water will stop filling the sump tank.
At this point I have about an inch of water in the sump and the circulation pumps are running.
Would all of you seasoned folks chime in with your experience. Does the the sump tank stop filling when the water level reaches the bottom of the sump pipe?

On a GREAT note with the tank full there are no leaks!!!

Thank you.

Jeff

Tokalosh

Jeff, that is coming on nicely.

Looking forward to seeing it with the lights on.

Tok

P.S. Where is the dog?

modulok

Is that mixed saltwater in the tank? Or just RO water? I don't think you can mix the salt in the tank with the rock/substrate.

dizzyg

Sooooo jealous.

doesnt look like the new S series is making it to South Africa so I wont be upgrading anytime soon.
Maybe the Green Card lottery will play in my favour and I can just get a S series in USA :p

jeffrey

IMG_9936.jpg
Howdy!

If anyone out there owns an 1800 Red Sea Max Protien Skimmer can you tell me if the photo looks natural? According to the manual that came with the skimmer, I'm not suppose to see any water in the top view of the skimmer. It seems to be doing the job but I'm just not sure I have it set correctly yet.

Thanks in advance.
Jeff O

jeffrey

IMG_9956.jpgHi All,

Since I have adjusted the power heads and the sump return valve the sand in the tank has calmed down a bit but I'm still having it blowing up at the front by the glass, is this something that will stop once the tank starts to cycle and the sand gets a bit dirtier? Any ideas, suggestions???

modulok

What type of sand do you have?

I have a mix of finer sand and crushed coral. The lighter/smaller pieces did blow around when I first got my 250. I had to play with directions of flow pumps to get minimal dust cloud. My next substrate will be that CaribSea Special Reef Grade that won't have small pieces that will blow around.