Jeff's RSM 400

scottrotton

I have a yellow headed sleeper goby same tank same problem, the sleeper is now in my nano will look at an orange spot instead thanks for the advise.

scottrotton

For all of you that have removed the black sponge in your return down pipe area and instead are using the filter socks how often are you noticing that you have to take them out and spray them out because the water is flowing over the top of them? I was using the smaller sock over the one main return pipe and was having to clean it everyday then I recently purchased the large sock and it too only takes one day and it is overflowing. At this point I'm not feeding anything in the tank and when the sock is overflowing there really isn't any debris in the sock, after hosing it down it is good again for another 24 hours or so.

I had an issue with the sponge and nitrates, I replaced mine with a marine pure bio cube 4" and it works perfectly

jeffrey

My Green Tip Bubble.

i-DhRL5cJ-L.jpg

jeffrey

Hey...haven't been on here for a while...busy with life. The tank has been stable and doing well. At this point I have seven fish and many corals. I'm still doing the weekly water changes, changing the sock over the down spouts and keeping up with the protein skimmer. Once you get a year into the your setup everything seems to settle in. I've learned to just slow down and take it easy, a very relaxing hobby ! Try to post pictures soon. Glad my posts have helped someone, good luck and take is slow :)