How to make homemade MUSH!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Doni the gellatin is being saved to go with the "Shot Glass Molds" :)

I've read where gellatin really stinks up a house though. Have you used it in your mix?

JWarren

Gelatin is extracted from the collagen inside animals (mostly cows) connective tissue. When you first pour hot water on it to melt it down, its not the best thing I have ever smelled, but it aint that bad, not enough to stink up the house though.

I don't use it in my food either, just don't see the need with good circulation and a good clean up crew.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hey John, when I come down to floriday and eat lobster with you and Lynn, how about selling me some of that red macro algae you have in your 10 gal QT :D

cracker

Martha Stewart jello shooter trays? :LOL:
I wonder about those huge Scallops we see at the market. I understand they are not really scallops but punched out of rays & shark . Regardless the fish like it & it acts as a binder to hold the mush together. I have used geliton but these "Sea Scallops & shrimp seem to work just as well.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Well last night I made another batch of "Mush". Here are a couple of pics of the "Mini-Ice Cube Trays" with mush packed into them. I'll give an update on how it worked tonight maybe. :)

On counter ready to go
IMG_4357.jpg

In freezer stacked up
IMG_4358.jpg

Octoman

Lean cuisines, ww meals, and fish food - did you take that picture in my Freezer?

I made some mush, I did it in the flat pack. I like using the flat pieces because they thaw fast and it's very easy to break off. My mush is definitely "fish approved"!!

Stacef

I am so happy to see this thread! I will be making my own batch later this week. But in the mean time.. thanks everyone for getting me sidetracked from work, checking out the cool...shot glass ice molds! :drunk:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I love lean cuisine pizza! :D
hmmm Me too! Guess what's for LUNCH today :)

Looks good! Did you just stir in the mysids shrimp?
No I mixed it all into the mush ... well I guess I sort of stirred it in... I mixed them in with the "liquid" stuff and let it sit on the counter for 30 minutes before adding the Cyclopeeze and "blended Deli Shrimp" into the mix. They just seemed to "separate" from the rest for some reason. I'm still perfecting my method! It gets better, easier and quicker each time.

Lean cuisines, ww meals, and fish food - did you take that picture in my Freezer?

I made some mush, I did it in the flat pack. I like using the flat pieces because they thaw fast and it's very easy to break off. My mush is definitely "fish approved"!!
:lol: I can't believe I didn't look closer before posting that pic! My wife is gonna give me heck for that freezer shot :) Oh well!!

I did my last batch "Flat" but I'm trying to make it as "touchless" as possible. I'm fortunate to get a lot of "Weekend" out of towns and wife would rather not have to "cut & break" pieces off. It's so much easier to have it pre-divided and just drop & go.

I am so happy to see this thread! I will be making my own batch later this week. But in the mean time.. thanks everyone for getting me sidetracked from work, checking out the cool...shot glass ice molds! :drunk:
Get back to work! I didn't GET the shot glass molds :( but there's always NEXT time :)