Harold’s RSM Adventure

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
And finally the newest addition...
DSC02624.jpg

Hey Harold (or anyone else) - what is this coral?

Greg

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Sps of some type I'm guessing. Phones make the pics so small....... (excuses for coral knowledge.......

Matt's DROIDX using Forum Runner since idiots hacked thru tapatalk.

steved13

PREMIUM
Sps of some type I'm guessing. Phones make the pics so small....... (excuses for coral knowledge.......

Don't feel bad, I have one and I can't remember what it is LOL It's somethingapora

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I think Steve hit the nail on the head.

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks Glenn, I think you've got it. The reason I asked is because I have one in my tank and couldn't remember it's name!

1357HA

Thanks everyone for the positive comments.
Sorry for not responding that often, been really busy between work and the beginning of the construction process of my new home.
As an update and to help anyone with LED lights, I had to reduce the light intensity to around 35% tops, one SPS that is int the upper part of the rank began to bleach, now the bleaching has stop.

Also, had some algae problem. Got my self a RS nitrate and phosphate pro test kit and a RS algae management program. The test is great and the results are so easy to read. Began the algae program and the nitrate dropped from 4 to 1 in a week. Phosphates are around 0.08.

Also decide to get the A and B coral energy bottles from RS. Corals seem to open and like this staff.

Hope everyone is doing great....

GregT

Thanks everyone for the positive comments.
Sorry for not responding that often, been really busy between work and the beginning of the construction process of my new home.
As an update and to help anyone with LED lights, I had to reduce the light intensity to around 35% tops, one SPS that is int the upper part of the rank began to bleach, now the bleaching has stop.

QUOTE]

Hi Harold, your tanks looking great.

Something I've noticed about lots of tanks running LEDs is they seem to run at around 35% a lot of the time and I'm wondering if the LEDs could have then been a lower wattage initially?

The lighting colour looks fantastic in your tank - personal preference I know but IMO it looks like you have the perfect ratios
Cheers
Greg

oakleyx

Hey Harold,

Your tanks looks great!!

Ive been thinking about getting the ai sols too. Did you get the 40 or 70 degree optics?

Thanks
Dan

1357HA

Hello!!!!
It's been a long time since my last post, but been enjoying reading the forum and your posts.

The thing is that everything has been really without change, just some problems with hairy algae in some spots, had a cleaner shrimp lost, and the corals are growing.
Also, had to remove some cheato from the Refugium since it got huge, sold the part I removed and got some credit at the LFS.
Currently I have a spotted mandarin that I got last week, which I placed at the biocube so I can teach him, or at least try, to eat some pellets or other fish foods. Will see what happens.
Also wanted to share with you a blue berry gorgonian that I got like 3 weeks ago. It was in really bad shape, but now it opens and show its blue color, that I like a lot.

photo.jpg

Also been really buisy taking care of a goniopora that I got last year. I have had it for like 8 months now, everything was looking good, but suddenly it didn't open one day and the polyps didn't look good at all. Changed the salt mix to reef crystal and a week later it is getting better each day. Now it is almost normal.

Also been working on the plan for my filtration room at my new home. I got a super reef octopus RO-RPS-5000 external skimmer that will go in there. The idea is to have a good filtration room son that I can just plug a new DT, when the time comes, and also have the space to put all kinds of gadgets. Will keep posting on this....

Have a great day!