Harold’s RSM Adventure

1357HA

Thanks Juan, I plan on filling the sump as soon as the mag's spare parts come.
Everything is set and ready for it, or at least that's what I think...jejejeje....

1357HA

Thanks Steve, will keep posting any advance in the project....
Still have lots of time till the tank is finished cycling:rolleyes:
Also expecting some promotion or sale (labor day sale maybe) so that I can buy the rest of the aqua illumination system:fingerx:

1357HA

It has been almost a month now since I received my RSM 250 in boxes, now I think that for now, all hardware and mods are done.
I will try to share everything son that it can help others...

Firs, the cabinet with sump, refugium and pump.
DSC02485.jpg

The sump
DSC02486.jpg

The refugium with some cheato. Also installed a small pump that its programed to turn on for a minute every hour to tumble the cheato. Used a Pan World NH-50PX-X pump to feed the refugium and to return water to the DT going first throw the chiller.
DSC02487.jpg

Inner part of the overflow, made with PVC pipe and flexible tubing.
DSC02492.jpg

Outer part of the overflow.
DSC02490.jpg

Neptune Systems Apex modules
DSC02493.jpg

Also yesterday I installed 2 AI super blue modules. I took apart all the hood and removed the original lighting system.
DSC02480.jpg

Original lighting system
DSC02481.jpg

Just kept the fans and used a transformer to power them.
DSC02480.jpg

AI SOL super blue in place
DSC02482.jpg

Used the original lamp holders to hold them using some tubes I had
DSC02483.jpg

DSC02484.jpg

And the compartment where the clock was, I used for the wiring
DSC02489.jpg

An finally the hood in its place
DSC02495.jpg

FTS with AI on (30% all blue and 10% white)
DSC02496.jpg

Well, for now this is all I have done to my RSM 250 in a month. Will see if there is any need of adding a reactor with biopellets. In the coming weeks will see if I can find a container to place water for the ATO that fits inside the cabinet.

As for the cycling process, will do some water test tomorrow (raw shrimp have disappeared)...

Also wanted to share a pic of the purple goniopora I got a few weeks ago.
DSC02499.jpg

Hope you like the project... any advice is more than welcome...

tnwillia

Great work Harold, I think a lot of people will be following/using your AI install! The tank/Sump looks great!

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
Awesome scape! It really fills the scape, so well in fact, that I thought that you had the 130 for a few minutes! Nice looking corals BTW!

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Ya. Id call em AI as well with a name that long. Thank you.

Matts DROIDX via Tapatalk

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Fantastic mods Harold - very very nice !!! Thanks for sharing - the AI sol led conversion in the stock hood is very very cool !

1357HA

Thanks Glenn, at the beginning I was just wondering throw my house looking for ideas and things that I could use for the installment. One thing that I forgot to mention is that by installing the AI this way, you can move them sideways.

1357HA

Hope the corals like them Glenn, still I'm using them at a 25% intensity at the most. Still whiting for the cycle to be done. Did some water test today and:
Ammonia 0
Nitrites. 0.1 ppm
Nitrates 20 ppm

Temp has been stable 79.5
pH 8.27

Nitrates are lowering, and I haven't done any water change, maybe the cheato is helping.
As from today, the skimmer and lights will be on, so I hope there is no algae problem on its way. Also introduced a purple mushroom coral to see how it does. By now I'm really anxious and want to begin stocking process, but will have to wait a little more, I hope....