Glenn's Reef RSM 250

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks Eddie - in your opinion, should that amount handle my bioload fine in a 65 gallon tank?

I am thinking of ordering 50 pounds of Marco Dry Rock & then adding in maybe 10 pounds of Live Rock for a total of 60 pounds.

I know it's often recommended 1 to 1 & 1/2 pound per gallon, but I would really love to have an open look.

Anyone else with thoughts on this, all input sought & appreciated.

redsea reefer

You're welcome Glenn!

I'm sure 50-60 pounds will handle the load just fine, I've seen less in other tanks. Marco rock is very porous so more places for bacteria. The type of rock makes a difference. Just make sure you cure it in a separate container first.

echopiece

Congrats on the new purchase Glenn! I look forward to seeing the new tank progression. I see an MP20 in your near future :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
That's for sure...
025.gif

I just talked on the phone to Marco (RS sponsor) and a very nice guy & placed an order.

I ordered 50 pounds of his rock & this....

E-Marco-400 10Lb Kit - EM-400-10

Marco-400 10Lb Kit EM-400-10
Aquascape like the pros with Our new E-Marco-400
Kit contains everything you need to permanently bond rock into amazing aquascapes

Detailed Description
in the 10 Lb Kit:

1 gallon mixing and storage container

2 16 oz pre mixed liquid

10Lbs BASF Thorite

Mixing/ spreading knife

We recommend the 10Lb kit for basic scapes up to 125 gallons
and more complex scapes up to 75 gallons.

A simple 2 step mixing process:
Just add some powder to the bucket
adding the liquid, mix to a thick yet workable consistency and apply to your work.

Product has an ~20 min set time, will fully cure over night and will set in water.

It's potable water safe so it's aquarium safe
and it's been tried and tested for years in public aquariums and by advanced hobbyists all over the world.
Our liquid portion has a polymer additive to improve set time, bonding and give some flex to the joint.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Thanks Terry - I just thought of something, I had never considered before... before I start "permanently bonding" I better get my design looking like I want it to be...
1180.gif

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks Terry - I just thought of something, I had never considered before... before I start "permanently bonding" I better get my design looking like I want it to be...
1180.gif

That might be a very good idea! Better than trying to break it apart after the Thorite is dry! :) If you have any cardboard laying around, measure out a template for the tank bottom and be sure to allow for some room on the sides for cleaning the glass. Then start designing. :)

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Where have I been hiding? I just read the news on your new 250. Congrats Glenn, you'll have a ball with it. That rock looks very nice too, so many scaping options. Do you know what other bits and pieces you will be buying for it yet? Or do you plan to run it stock?

Edison

Big Congrats Glenn on your 250. I'll definitely be watching this thread. Been thinking my tank could use some more space but more along the lines of re-aquascaping here and there. At least for the immediate future.