Glenn's Reef RSM 250

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
For the next few months for sure... then I will see once I move over the corals and fish what I want to do with it, lots of members in our local reef club have already expressed interest in it, if I decide to take it down - being I ran it stock for right at two year by then, thinking if I sell it for like $450 with the LR & some corals, it would have been a real value for the fun I have had with it. Tempted to make it a QT tank too ... have a few months to decide
1218.gif

Edison

Hey Glenn,
If you get a Jawfish he'll aquascape the area around his burrow to probably a foot or more. I think they give a tank a more natural looking appearance.

Your 130 would make a decent grow-out tank, awesome sump/refugieum, clownfish hatchery, and QT tank or a combination the above. :D

Edison

Edison - thanks for the reply ! How deep of sand bed did you start with?

12" or more... Wow !

I started with about 3-1/2" and added about 1/2" more. Now the sand depth varies from about 1" to 4-1/2" or so and all depending upon if the Jawfish is in the mood to move some sand.

Every week or two, I'll smooth out the sand around his burrow and he'll get back to digging and moving sand around always leaving the bottom looking slightly different.

I just looked into his burrow and discovered the lost Scolymia! It looks to be alive and I'll extract it later and give it some much needed light.

Edison

Edison - Great that the MIA Scoly was found!

Yeah! It made my day. I knew he had it but could not see where it was and didn't want to pull out his big rock in order to find where it was. Also, I assumed it had died due to being buried.

The Scoly was a powder blue but from what I can see, it's now a lime green.

Max250

Thinking back, the first thing I had to do once the tank was running, was pad the skimmer flap with paper towel to stop the condensation droplets from running down the back of the tank.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Thinking back, the first thing I had to do once the tank was running, was pad the skimmer flap with paper towel to stop the condensation droplets from running down the back of the tank.

Yes, that is such a pain. Does anyone else have an answer for this problem? It's ok when you have the cooling fans running, but when you don't it is a real problem.

Max250

I was thinking about having a small single fan blowing into the hood overnight to stop the condensation build up. (In fact I was thinking about using the 130's older fan that comes with a plug, I'd put that on a timer).

Edison

Yes, that is such a pain. Does anyone else have an answer for this problem? It's ok when you have the cooling fans running, but when you don't it is a real problem.

You can insulate the back of the tank with some rubber, probably 1/4" to 3/8" should do the trick.

I'm messing with chilling my CPU to sub-zero and condensation would kill the chip and motherboard.
The way I'm dealing with that is with several kneaded artist erasers, just soften them up with the blow dryer and push it in between and components that are close to the socket & around the socket.

I would think a similar solution could be applied the back of the tank.