gareefermans reef

jpsika08

Good luck Reggie! Be sure to take lots of pics of it from every angle possible so you have lots of pictures before breaking it down!
Send our regards to Allen and what a good friend to come over and help :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I knew my ears were "burning" for some reason Saturday morning LOL!

Had an absolute BLAST on Saturday. Long drive but meeting Reggie and the whole family and Ryan was a great time.

It kind of sucked breaking down the RSM250 because it was MORE amazing LIVE than in the pics. Wow!

Here are some before, during and after pics.

Before we started the "Big Break Down 2011"
Augusta_5_21_201122.jpg

Water level dropping exposing some amazing SPS growth and "plating out" at the water level
Augusta_5_21_201126.jpg

Augusta_5_21_201127.jpg

Augusta_5_21_201128.jpg

And here it is "In Process".. notice how clear the water still is.. not sure how he managed this . . .
Augusta_5_21_201129.jpg

Augusta_5_21_201130.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Here is a picture of Reggie.. the "Coral Cutter" in action . . (just imagine if we could attach SMELL to these pictures right now . . .)
Augusta_5_21_201124.jpg

and here's Ryan... he helped us a lot.
Augusta_5_21_201125.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
And now some "Goodies"

Can you say "Bristle Worm aka MobyWorm"
Augusta_5_21_201131.jpg

And here's the BIG ONE ... that's a lid to a 5 gallon bucket folks . . .
Augusta_5_21_201132.jpg

This is the big one and the BIG ONE together in one bowl
Augusta_5_21_201135.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Great pics - thanks for sharing ! You need update you tank thread now Allen, with your new frags :)

and I still want see your pic at the Master gate !

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
So what would YOU do if you had just captured and removed the 2 LARGEST bristle worms you've ever seen (or anyone else in the house)?

Well Reggie is a very smart reefer and fully acknowledges how important BW are to your Clean Up Crew . . .

Augusta_5_21_201136.jpg

Augusta_5_21_201137.jpg

Augusta_5_21_201138.jpg

Augusta_5_21_201139.jpg

That's right! We practiced "Sustainable Reefing" and went with the "Catch & Release" program.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Right before I left I snapped a couple of pics of Reggie's DENDROS! Within minutes of being introduced to the new tank they were full and lively as if saying "Oh yea.. WE LIKE IT!"

Augusta_5_21_201140.jpg

Augusta_5_21_201141.jpg

Reggie thank you SO much for having me down there. I had a BLAST!! Thanks man!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Great pics !!!

So what would YOU do if you had just captured and removed the 2 LARGEST bristle worms you've ever seen (or anyone else in the house)?

Well Reggie is a very smart reefer and fully acknowledges how important BW are to your Clean Up Crew . . .

I though Reggie would add them to the new tank... when I saw the 1st pics - his beautiful tanks proves he knows what he is doing and is a smart cookie !

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
I think Tammy is probably having heart failure around now with those worms LOL.

Great pics of the breakdown Al, thanks for posting. It's sad in many ways but exciting with the new venture. Can't wait to see it.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Allen - Thanks for taking & posting the pictures of the breakdown and new tank! Looks like you guys had a lot of busy fun, but got the job done.

jpsika08

Wow, Al what a great chronology of events, thanks for sharing.
And congrats to all of you for a job well done :thumbup:

reeferman

Allen,a big thanks goes out to you!i couldnt have got it done without you.it was great of you to make the long drive down to help.i hope we didnt dissapoint.for all of you who have never had the pleasure of meeting BigAl07,youre really missing out!great guy!im glad we got it all cut out and all accounted for[even my fingers,hehe],even the little clown goby who almost slipped by us!thanks for posting up all the pics of a great day.it was tearing me up inside with all the nervousness,i hope i kept a cool head in front of you.thanks for showing my boys your helicopters and im glad they didnt break them!i hope you post up the pic i took of you at the gates of the National,it was really cool!i hope you enjoyed your little tour of Augusta and i hope you return soon when you have some time to stay a little while,you are always welcome.
man guys,i was so nervous,i couldnt hardly say a word!i was really worried about a rockslide but it didnt happen.several of my largest acro colonies were sold so they didnt make it to the new tank.i didnt lose any coral and actually made some store credit at the lfs for all the clove covered rock.i got over 200 bucks and spent it on fish and cuc already!i know,i know,you should go slow on adding fish but ive always wanted a kole tang and the only time i had to add one was before my yellow tang has his territory picked out.they are getting along great!the kole follows Big Bird around like a little puppy and not one single "sword fight".i also picked up 2 female and 1 male lyretail anthias and a little green clown goby.everyones eating and getting along.its never a good idea to add that many fish but i think ill be okay.the water tests out perfect and ive always got some Special Blend to kick up the bacteria count.ill post some pics when i place all the corals in their final location.theyre just sitting around everywhere right now.
thanks for all the kind words and you guys give me WAAAAY too much credit!

catran

Cool pics Al...Reggie, I love the rockwork. Can you post some FTS's so I can see it all? On yeah, I know they're a good part of the COC, but those BW are pretty gross! :)