Eric's RSM650

eric w

Hi all,

I have a plumbing question that i need help on. I plan on making a 10 gallon fuge that i saw on another forum. It will be fed from a dedicated pump/manifold from the sump. The design i wanted to use only had like a 150 gph flow rate. It needs two bulk heads... does the output bulkhead need to be larger than the input bulkhead to the fuge? Also recommendations on size of the bulk heads?

StirCrayzy

For only 150gph, you can use 1/2" or larger.
For simplicity, I would just drill the outlet of fuge and just pump over sump/fuge walls.
Only one set of holes to drill instead of 2.

Got a sketch ?

eric w

I don't have a sketch but i have a video and a picture.. the fuge is basically divided into two sections with water being able to flow over and under the baffle...a small powerhead is pointed towards the bottom to make the cheatos spin in one section...the bulkheads are placed on the side of the powerhead and is gravity fed to the sump... so i was justing looking for a good size to get that done..thanks again

Attachments

• AAC6DF17-EF56-4FEE-9CC8-A10422E493F5.jpg
    AAC6DF17-EF56-4FEE-9CC8-A10422E493F5.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 11

eric w

d2a7f31cd5a10b956dc7b1af49a910bb.jpg

e44f8c7af5a73d28e4ddf9a5104421d7.jpg

86d7ef8cd3b25e8a9dd0f9f2628b1859.jpg

Arrived

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
And there's the perfect place for it :yeehoo:
Thanks for sharing pictures, please keep 'em coming :thumbup:
It's certainly getting real now :scuba::bluetang::clownfish:

DaveR11

Looks like you got on well Eric. How did you find putting in the screws? I managed to shear the head off the second one I put in so turned down the torque setting on the drill. Best wishes for the next phase!

eric w

It took me a few screws to get the hang of it but got easier as I went along.. For anyone else building one down the line be sure to have an extra battery or two charged for your drill.. I did some manual screw install and it is a lot easier with the drill.. And I did not shear any heads.. Did strip a few out though..

eric w

Well I'm to the point I need to place the tank on the stand.. First I'm short on people.. One I get that figured out any suggestions on moving it.. It is big..

DaveR11

Well I'm to the point I need to place the tank on the stand.. First I'm short on people.. One I get that figured out any suggestions on moving it.. It is big..

I'm in exactly the same position. I moved the tank into the house on my own using a pallet truck. I was lucky as there are no steps but I did have to take 2 doors off their hinges. I then removed the sides from the packaging in the lounge. I now need to get the sump out of the tank (can't lift it on my own) and lift the tank onto the stand. Hoping to get 3 friends round one evening this week.

Best of luck mate!

DaveR11

Have you checked out the lighting units yet? There were a bunch of Red Sea T5 tubes packed in the top of the crate which I thought were all the tubes. Then I opened opened of the side light units and there were 4 tubes in there. I opened the other and 1 tube in that box. The centre unit box had 2 tubes in it. So I have 7 spare tubes. Is this normal or did I just get lucky?