Eric's RSM650

eric w

Well after a long time i just ordered my tank. Unfortunately they are back ordered... But the good news was I found the tank for $4,150 from Big Al's Online. I placed my order and then asked why they are 1k less then everyone else. They indicated that the website was wrong but they had to honor the price... So that was a nice way to start the tank. Anyhow i will post as i move along....

eric w

Well I'm in the process of finding homes for my monti and toad as I will not be using the in my new tank.. Once I do I will be moving my rsm 250 over a few feet until I get the new tank up and going.. I just laid wood in the closet behind the wall where the tank will be.. I will be redoing my reef genesis system as well as getting bigger holding tanks and such..

f5176230a75f59dd0f0e603e430cb232.jpg

25e2f7183dc293c3c1ef90f0d2b85f7c.jpg

5287b8e0094c6b11544b763cb7a82d83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pat24601

It sounds like you've gor a great plan. What I'm curious about is how on Earth are you going to move your RSM 250 over a few feet? Isn't it insanely heavy?

eric w

Transfer rock, fish, water into tubs then move it over and put it all back in.. I'm only keeping the fish in the new tank.. This is only my second tank so it will be interesting

Pat24601

Transfer rock, fish, water into tubs then move it over and put it all back in.. I'm only keeping the fish in the new tank.. This is only my second tank do it will be interesting

That makes sense. :)

eric w

Has anyone done the 2 to 1 of flakes and mini flakes.. I looked and it looks like I would need about a 100 lbs to get a depth of 1.5 inches based on 80 lbs/sf and a length of 62.5 and 22 deep.. Interior size of the 650.. Sound about right?

Are we supposed to feed our coral banded shrimp? We only 2 cromies so there isn't much fish poo? We feed the corals brin twice a week and phytoplankton.
Secondly, We have a large turbo snail that has suddenly gotten hairy. it used to be shiny. Any ideas on this?

eric w

Well I ended up ordering 80lbs of the flake and 40lbs of the mini flake..

whip

That rock work is AWESOME!

I was trying to do the same but I lacked the square footage. It looks amazing!

PS - Congratulations on the awesome deal!

eric w

Another question.. I'm looking for a current comparison chart for salt mixes.. The newest I have found was 2013.. Looking at running a salt that is close to NSW. Thanks

eric w

When you build a sump with glass baffles what do you use.. Silicone?