Ecotech Radion Reviews

TylerHaworth

Not so good write up here

Ecotech Marine's Radion XR30 LED Light: a Swing and a Miss? - Captive Aquatics: An Aquarium and Ecology Blog

sig.php

I'd like to point out that this was posted September 1, and at the end he promotes the Kessil A150's, both of which basically nullify the validity of his opinion.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I'm going to buy the lights last and at this point i don't know how far out that is considering my lifereef sump won't be here till mid Feb and if i go with the custom tank, that will have a lead time as well. I'm hoping to have it wet by March and i want to start QT'ing some fish earlier.

buying the lights last will hopefully allow me to see AI's answer and a price drop in the radions.

tnwillia

Based on ecotechs history, i would not count on the radion price dropping. Have fun with your build how ever you go!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I've got the full cost built in so if they don't drop i'm still ok but if I were AI and were coming in with a competing product, I would definitely price it lower than the radion........a good $100-$150 if it won't work with the pumps......anything less than that I would still go radion for the "fun"ctioanlity aspect! What's $300 when you're spending $7k?

TylerHaworth

I'm going to buy the lights last and at this point i don't know how far out that is considering my lifereef sump won't be here till mid Feb and if i go with the custom tank, that will have a lead time as well. I'm hoping to have it wet by March and i want to start QT'ing some fish earlier.

buying the lights last will hopefully allow me to see AI's answer and a price drop in the radions.

Very smart move, exactly the path I'm taking, I'm not buying my lights until my tank is ready for coral - I have every intention of going with the Radions as of right now, but in 3-5 months it's hard to tell what the product selection will look like.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'd like to point out that this was posted September 1, and at the end he promotes the Kessil A150's, both of which basically nullify the validity of his opinion.

After spending literally a few HOURS reading his blogs I've decided he is self serving, arrogant, rude and I wont take the time to click on any of his links again. Wow what a total waste of my time and "Cyber Space". That guy is a real "character" and totally full of himself. "BLOCKED"

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
yeah I read some comments about that article and everyone pretty much comes to the same conclusion as you Al!!!

So after all of this, i'm still at the 180 or 120 debate.....seems the cost to equally equip both tanks is about $1,700 more for the 180..........hmmmmmm

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
:LOL:

Which tank "Fits" better in the location you're wanting to put it in?

I'd be torn too... I want as many "Gallons" as possible so that means 180....

then on the other hand I prefer the footprint and proportions of the 120 so that's what I'd want. At the end of the day I'd probably get the 120 and just always think "what If".....

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Well Juan.....I assumed you would vote for the big tank!

120 "might" be enough......180 is DEFINITELY enough! Miracles is pricing out the 120 and 180 rimless with the perimiter eurobracing on the top.......with the sleek Radions, I have to go custom on the tank!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
hahahahaha its about lighting systems and tank sizes, dreams and reality and indecision........:)

catran

I'm getting tired of being held hostage by the lighting industry here. I originally was going with the new "Phoenix", but they won't release it. I decided later that Radion was the way to go, but they aren't releasing the software that will allow it to fully function with my Profilux. WTH?? Doesn't anyone want my money? (For lights guys, lol!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tnwillia

Hey Cat, Johnathon from Ecotech posted this on the commumity page to your question. In short it's being developed. Do you really need it or just want it in your controller? Have fun!

"Yes; the Radion was designed to work with the existing controllers that support EcoTech Marine products and the software to do so is currently in development."

Johnathan- Customer Service (Employee) 14 days ago

While I don't have a date, I can tell you that it's something we're aggressively pursuing and will be available sometime in the near future.

steved13

PREMIUM
I'm going to buy the lights last

FYI

The word from AI:

Thank you for your inquiry. At this time we are not looking at adding additional colors into our existing modules. Unlike other companies in the industry, our White LED's contain a FULL color spectrum for optimal growth. We do realize that some people would like to see these colors in the mix which is why we are working on supplemental lighting at this time which will contain different colors (greens, reds, yellows, pinks etc.) for aesthetic purposes. Have a great day.

They will do the supplements for aesthetics, but they don't believe they are needed for the livestock.

TylerHaworth

We've known for a long time that the blue/white combination grows well, I just don't see why a company would put out a new fixture that doesn't incorporate aesthetics as well... Buying a fixture that lacks the full RGB function is akin buying an unpainted car in my opinion - It's just an incomplete product.