Drilling a tank

zchauvin

yeah i drilled one take it slow and never rub your fingers on the hole you drilled it'll slice your hand apart. Put a cloth underneath the section that'll fall out so you don't need to pick up the section barehanded.

I will hopefully have the kit here by the end of the week, once I get everything going ill get some pics up

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

bmplank86

Has been struck by the ban stick
Did you drill it yet?

Word of advice....don't tighten their bulkheads down really tight...I split my 40 that way. Lots of water flow, low torque, patience and something to catch the glass piece when it falls.

Life motto: "No rain, no rainbow"

bmplank86

Has been struck by the ban stick
Oh and if you bought a T-shirt, they run super big haha

Life motto: "No rain, no rainbow"

zchauvin

Haha thanks man and no I haven't, I'm trying to be sure I got the right tank as I ordered a clear glass and its not looking very clear... The only reason I haven't bought a refractometer is because I wanted to get a more technical one or whatever with probes so I can knock out everything at once

zchauvin

ad86bf4a-32ef-c9e9.jpg

And the Ada
ad86bf4a-3599-f0b3.jpg

zchauvin

Great looking little tank!

Lol yeah I like it, its 6mm glass also so it looks a lot stronger? Lol its hard to explain but its just cool, I hope you weren't referring to that green thing right? I had to just lay the rocks out. Pretty much just going to cycle in there then transfer everything to the new 60 p

zchauvin

green mess

lol and why exactly do you like it? I can't stand it. I just set it up to be there pretty much. I plan on having something like this with the new tank, if everything goes as planned.

testerj.jpg

Right now, I have no room under the stand because of the sump layout and what not. Not even for a legitimate skimmer.

zchauvin

Ok, things are put on hold for a week or two as I'm getting ready for school and have been at orientation for the past two days. Now I have to also try and find a part time job to work around my schedule as my full time job has to go. Anyways, while cleaning algae I think I have seen the first signs of life on my rock. Some green stuff that looks like small stalks growing on the rock. It's not algae I promise, as there is algae growing on it haha

zchauvin

Drilling starts today, will add some pictures once I'm done. Will be drilling to bottom instead and putting a glass overflow. Too bad Ada didn't just make a 60p overflow model