Dave's RSM 500

Peter C

Well Dave here we go I have managed to use photobucket I think.
001.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
007.jpg
012.jpg

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Another superb looking tank, well done. I love the Spitfire pic too but just be careful that it doesn't fade with the strength of your lights. I had a wedding photo hanging behind an old freshwater tank many years ago and it got ruined with just the basic flouro's.

Peter C

Thanks Everyone for your nice comments. And thanks to Dave for the instructions of how to use photobucket. I will be ordering a magnetic flipper at the weekend. I have just added a Red Sea Aquazone plus see how it goes I have set the ozone at 350.it is at about 290 at the moment.

RedSea Aviad

RS Sponsor
Thanks Everyone for your nice comments. And thanks to Dave for the instructions of how to use photobucket. I will be ordering a magnetic flipper at the weekend. I have just added a Red Sea Aquazone plus see how it goes I have set the ozone at 350.it is at about 290 at the moment.
Dear Peter,
I hope the Ozone generator is connected to a reactor and not to the skimmer’s aspiration pump, as C-Skim 1800 is not Ozone compatible.

All the best,
Aviad

Peter C

Thanks Avid

I have it connected to res sea airlift Berlin 60 skimmer which I am using as a reactor seems to be working ok.

Peter C

Hi Dave

do you clean the black sponges every time you do a water change, I do a 10% water change every week and clean the sponges then I am thinking about trying doing it every 2 weeks but not sure that will be enough.

Thanks

David Shaw

Every couple of weeks. I also put a small amount of floss one the top of the sponges, which is easily disposed of, on a daily basis and helps reduce black sponge clog as the floss collects most of it.

I also put floss on top of the carbon.

That's what seems to work for me in keeping the water clear. Make sure though that you change the floss daily over the carbon or it drops the level in the pump area if it gets too clogged up.

David Shaw

Well as part of the 6 monthly big clean i scrubbed the circulation and main tank pumps. When i put the main tank pump back on i got a rattle, it's been driving me nuts for days. Anyhow, i decided to re-strip the main pump down again as something just felt "off" and as i was doing it, I noticed a little black washer in the sump. Must have fallen out on the initial strip down.

Anyhow, popped the washer into the impeller chamber, reassembled and voila, rattle gone! Everything is now back running lovely and quietly. Learn something new every day in this hobby!

Did a water change and tank clean tonight too, so I will try to post some new updated pics this weekend.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Wow, I can't believe that it's been 6 months already. Of course you're still the envy of all us little RSM'rs.

ErnestoC

That is why your tank looks so great! You take good care of it :) Glad your pump is quiet again!

Looking forward for the new pics too!

Stody0

Hi David
Not been on for a while as I have been away working again !!!, all I can say is your tank is looking fantastic, one day in the near future I hope to get the 500 or 650.having said that I am off to Qatar again for another month, my 130 or should I say my wife's as she's looking after it more than me these days is still going strong. Keep posting the pictures mate it keeps me focused on getting one and all this working away is worth it lol

David Shaw

Will do Stody! I will post some more pics this weekend. The S Series is definitely worth saving for, it really is the best considered purchase i have made in a long time. I absolutely loved my 130D, great tank, but am so pleased i upgraded and don't regret spending the money at all.

Keep focused on saving. Once you have bought one you seriously won't regret it. I would have loved the 650 but my house is too small, the 500 is the maximum i could go for and fits perfectly into the lounge.

Thanks again for the kind comments.