Dave's RSM 500 Adventure

Heli Dave

Can't believe it's the last day of 2011, just 5 days to 500 day! Looking to take lots of photos during the build, what's the best way to upload photos?

ChrisY

Can't wait to see them! get some close ups also and anything that seems wonky to you probably does to someone else. Its great to get 1st hand knowledge from those who have traveled that road before :)

Chris

Heli Dave

Cleared the garage today to get the 500 crate in on delivery this Thursday, found a piece of plywood large enough to fit under the frame as Dave did with his 500 install. So just need Thursday to come now .... Worse than waiting for Christmas!

Heli Dave

Good luck! I'll be following along.
Cheers John, hope you enjoy the adventure.

Have plumbed the RO/DI unit in its temporary position ( over the sink) to check for leaks, all looks okay so it will be running to drain for the next 2 to 3 hours. Then I can start collecting for the tank fill.

David Shaw

I know, totally agree. I felt like i waited forever for mine to be delivered, and that the Christmas break lasted 30 minutes. It's like some evil space time continuum thing.

Heli Dave

Christmast break went really quick, was back in work last Wednesday. Looking at the flow from the RO unit making water change quantities should be okay but the initial tank fill could be a looooong time, still no rush.

ChrisY

How much RO water can you store before water test? Might not be a bad idea to have an LFS have some on tap, so to speak for you to get up and running. if you can store a lot, its gonna be a lot of bucket carrying and at least for me tough lifting 5G of water at a time over the tank rim. (damn this 8' titaniam plate and screws in my arm, still healing). So in the future, worth investing in a pump. bring it in in buckets and then, pump it into tank while you get the next batch ready.

Just my 2 pence worth.

ChrisY

Any by the way, looking forward to some build photos. we are all counting you Daves to let us live vicariously thru you at the moment. :)

David Shaw

How much RO water can you store before water test? Might not be a bad idea to have an LFS have some on tap, so to speak for you to get up and running. if you can store a lot, its gonna be a lot of bucket carrying and at least for me tough lifting 5G of water at a time over the tank rim. (damn this 8' titaniam plate and screws in my arm, still healing). So in the future, worth investing in a pump. bring it in in buckets and then, pump it into tank while you get the next batch ready.

Just my 2 pence worth.

That's exactly what i did. I got all the water delivered from my LFS who also kindly loaned me a large bin and a pump to get it up and into the tank.

Heli Dave

i have some large containers and a couple of Eheim pumps so will transfer RO using one of them. Had a long chat with Red Sea Kev earlier this evening. As you said Dave he is a really nice guy, after sales service even before delivery is exemplary. Have his phone numbers just in case, Kev wanted to check if I was aware of the build videos .. Will have them playing on the IPad tomorrow during assembly. Will keep you posted on how assembly goes.