Dave's RSM 500 Adventure

David Shaw

Good luck with everything tomorrow. Kevin is fantastic and he will happily help you in the course of the day if you struggle. Keep us posted and take lots of pics!

Heli Dave

Well this is delivery day! Hope the wait is not to long. Will take lots of photos of the build and update during the day.

David Shaw

Quick update ... Crate arrived at 10am, now 12 noon frame complete.

Wow that's amazing, well done, fantastic news. Excellent that it arrived to early too, gave you a full day to go for it.

Seems like you motored along nicely. Having the videos must have been a great help along with your DIY skills. I had a day of DIY Tsunami chaos so well impressed with your efforts. We all looked like drowned rats when we had finished and it took me days to clean the house up and dry out, mainly because its a smallish lounge and i hd no garage to lay everything out in and get organised with. Really looking forwards to seeing the pics.

Have you started tweaking the settings etc to get it running smooth and quietly. Took me a few weeks to suss everything out and get things just right. Now i have it runnings so quiet you can hardly hear it.

Your the 2nd UK person, great, now we get to swop notes. Fun bit starts soon, putting the rock in!

Heli Dave

Wow that's amazing, well done, fantastic news. Excellent that it arrived to early too, gave you a full day to go for it.

Seems like you motored along nicely. Having the videos must have been a great help along with your DIY skills. I had a day of DIY Tsunami chaos so well impressed with your efforts. We all looked like drowned rats when we had finished and it took me days to clean the house up and dry out, mainly because its a smallish lounge and i hd no garage to lay everything out in and get organised with. Really looking forwards to seeing the pics.

Have you started tweaking the settings etc to get it running smooth and quietly. Took me a few weeks to suss everything out and get things just right. Now i have it runnings so quiet you can hardly hear it.

Your the 2nd UK person, great, now we get to swop notes. Fun bit starts soon, putting the rock in!

Not done any setting up yet still need to make loads more water, should be in a position to run pumps etc by Sunday evening.

Got some brownie points today, managed to clean away all the debris and Hoover, wife was well impressed when she got home!

David Shaw

Got some brownie points today, managed to clean away all the debris and Hoover, wife was well impressed when she got home!

Cleaning and hoovering = wife being well impressed = thanks for letting me get the tank and you don't know it yet, but i am keeping you sweet as i am about to spend a load more on rock and corals :)

Heli Dave

Cleaning and hoovering = wife being well impressed = thanks for letting me get the tank and you don't know it yet, but i am keeping you sweet as i am about to spend a load more on rock and corals :)
Latest quote from my significant other was we need to get the rock and start thinking about what corals we are having!

Heli Dave

How did you get your live rock home, just interested if I have say a couple of hours drive, should I bee wrapping it in damp cloths or in a tub(s) with salt water in. Or am I being over cautious and there will be little die of over that time?