Coraljunkie's 54g Corner Reef

Oxylebius

I understand the concept, that is how Red Sea tanks run. The problem that can happen is that depending on the size of the pump, it can drain the back area faster then the water can replace it. That is why the red sea tanks have an adjustable front gate, so that you can control the water height in the back chamber.

That is why I asked if you got it running w/water yet. To see how it works for you.

Good luck with the move on Saturday.

Coraljunkie

Tank is up and running. The sump area is working perfectly. I adjusted the flow of the pump just to be on the safe side. It's really cloudy unfortunately but here it is

sirrealism

Looks great. Love the maxima clam. How is the overflow working for you? Looks like it is all working well. Are you having to add water to the tank daily?

Coraljunkie

How's the clam linking the new tank, fully opening? How'd the mystery take to the tank?
The clam is doing great, the mystery wrasse is still hiding unfortunately. I hope my cardinal isn't bothering it, any tips on the wrasse hiding? Any tipson catchinga cardinal? Haha

Coraljunkie

Thanks everyone, the overflow is working great, I never have to add water which is great. I do a water change one a week and that's about it. I tried keeping it as simple as possible

Coraljunkie

Quick update. I swapped out 2 jebao rw -8 for 2 rw4. I added a small cluster of barnacles for my barnacle blennies aka the three stooges. I started target feeding a few corals twice a week with Hikari mysis