Coraljunkie's 54g Corner Reef

Pat24601

Great clownfish! I think maybe they are swimming low just because it's a QT and they can't really find a better "spot". Looked like normal behavior to me, but I'm hardly going to claim to be an expert.

Of course, when I asked my LFS a similar question once they just shrugged and said "They are clowns. What do you expect?" Still not sure what they meant exactly. ;)

Oxylebius

Clownfish tend to have odd behavior sometimes. I'd just wait and watch the smaller one for now.

The larger one is showing normal dominance behavior and the little one is being submissive, even laying over on its side from time to time. All normal behavior here.

Keep us posted.

Coraljunkie

Clownfish are doing great. They love to eat, they'll eat pretty much anything including my fingers whenever I put them into the tank. I picked up a healthy leopard wrasse juvenile last week. She's doing great and eats the sustainable aquatics hatchery pellets. This morning I started her on the Hikari mysis.

Coraljunkie

My display tank has been fallow for a while. I'm waiting 14 weeks just to be safe to make sure any and everything harmful dies off. Today I picked up some dry rock and changed my aquascape, also I moved all of my corals around. I'll take an FTS and post it tomorrow. I'm treating the new fish with seachem paraguard then I'll run prazi pro twice. After that I'll put a small hob filter in the qt tank monitor them until they move into the display tank.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
The tank looks pretty, I like the openness of it. And I hope you can pull it off without issues. :fingerscrossed:
Honestly tho, It doesn't look like IMO that you have enough LR.
Keeping in mind, that LR is where your biological filtration lives.
Depending on your fish bioload, You may need MORE.
& do you want me to add your name to this reef thread? I'd be happy to do that & link it to your profile if so :) ?

Coraljunkie

Sure, thank you. I'm gonna keep the clownfish pair, leopard wrasse, and blue spotted jawfish. Is that too much?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Sure, thank you. I'm gonna keep the clownfish pair, leopard wrasse, and blue spotted jawfish. Is that too much?
Thread re-named & linked to Your ownership :thumbup:
Maybe if You are only going to keep 4 fish, You'll be good :fingerscrossed:
Just be on the lookout for a beautiful hunk of LR as you are out at LFS because it certainly would be better to add another. Pods live in LR and you need lots of pods for that beautiful wrasse also. :)

Coraljunkie

Where do you think would be the best spot to place these? In the tank hidden behind the center rock? Or in the false overflow compartment? No light in the overflow section, not sure if that'll matter?