Choff's RSM 650 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choff

Thanks guys. I picked out my 3 rock nems right away. I was offered almost double what I paid for that one and one other. I was tempted at the time, but glad I didn't do it.

Lost another sps to RTN. I bought 3 from WWC and lost 2. Very disappointing. The little frags I tried to save bleached out. I wasn't optimistic they'd make it. I cut them really close to the STN. I usually like to give a wide margin, but it wasn't possible with what was left.

...stupid auto correct

Choff

Please check your Alk . High Alk can be a cause of TN.
Thanks orieng, I agree. The issue is not in my tank though, but in the transport. The first 2 came out of the bag 98% white. The third had a little white around the base, but this morning was shot. It's incredible how fast they can bleach out.

...stupid auto correct

orieng

There is nothing you can do if the acros start TN during transit. The transit time to my place from the nearest LFS is 18 hours by train or about 7 hours if I use air freight. I have lost quite a few sps in transit. By the way what did RS display in Macna? Anything about the upcoming LED in RSM S Series tanks?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Choff

Nothing new on the led front from RS. They are coming and when they do they will be nice. It's highly unlikely it's anything i will purchase due to my existing retro fits.

...stupid auto correct

steveh

It's a shame you lost your corals during transport, and it is avoidable if they pack them properly. As a matter of interest were they packed with air in the bag, or all water?

Regarding the LED question, thanks for answering (correctly) on our behalf. We did say that we would not show them at Macna. For Red Sea it's going to be an exciting 2015 and we're looking forwards to seeing some of you at the MAX show in sunny Costa Mesa, California in April.

Choff

I don't recall if they initially had air or not, but I transferred all the coral into 100 ml pee cups with as little air as possible. I carried them onboard with me and the temp was stable between 79 to 77 the entire duration of the trip.

Just a couple of quick cell phone shots. I bought 9 SPS and of the 6 that survived 2 have great pe, but browned out and 4 are looking really really good after 1 day. The Oregon tort may be the bell of the ball so far. They were packed up for 16 hours.

(The frag laying flat in the back row on the left is not from MACNA, it's an accidental frag of my JF red hot setosa)

All told:
9 sps
3 rock nems (not pictured)
1 Colorado sunburst nem (not pictured)
1 meat coral
1 trachy
1 hammer (not pictured)
3 mushrooms (1 not pictured)
1 ZOA
1 micro musa
1 fungia

...stupid auto correct

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Score !
1085.gif

Choff

I bought this corner shelf at MACNA. He is making me an mp40 cover too.

Best shot I can get of the nem. You can't really see the awesome green around the base, but you can see the nice orange tentacles

Another shot of the rock nem with his fat meat coral

...stupid auto correct

Choff

Looks great. I really love that corner shelf! Wonder if we can mount those on our back walls?

The magnets are crazy strong and one was actually holding it up quite well. Since I don't use the ATO I am able to place the magnet down inside . The magnet is coated, I just don't know if its rodi safe. I can certainly ask. He usually makes these as frag stations and this was the only one he had that was not punched full of holes. I think they are the best frag racks out there. PSU just bought them as frag stations and was raving about them. The vendor just happened to be at macna. The ones that cover the mp40s are pretty cool too. Going to use that in the right since since that mp40 is closer to the front

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.