Choff's RSM 650 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choff

Yep, I got 5 and hope 3 make it. It would be awesome to have one transform to a male. I plan on getting black leopards and possibly a choat if all goes well.

...stupid auto correct

Oxylebius

If two make it one will definitely transition to a male. Fabulous! Mine is so funny when it first emerges from the sand in the morning, you can tell it is groggy, like a child.

Choff

I'm hoping. No new faces this morning, but I left pretty early. The lights were only on for a few minutes.

...I feel like a mom who left her kids at daycare for the first time. I can't wait to get home to check on them. :D

...stupid auto correct

Wolffman64

I'm hoping. No new faces this morning, but I left pretty early. The lights were only on for a few minutes.

...I feel like a mom who left her kids at daycare for the first time. I can't wait to get home to check on them. :D

...stupid auto correct

Can't you start your own fish daycare (like daddy daycare or whatever the movie was called) and people can drop off their tanks at your place in the morning and you can spend all day looking at tanks..

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
[video=youtube;GdpIQz6423k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdpIQz6423k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

coming along nicely - beautiful new rock !

Nob35

Love all the open spaces, can't wait to get mine hope it's soon. The good side of waiting is I don't spend much money buying things.

Choff

Came home from the LFS and saw 2 leopards out and swimming side by side. :D

Sweet video! You make me want a bigger tank. :)
I love the 650 and think it's the perfect size. I actually have no desire for a bigger tank. Maybe another tank, but but not a bigger one.
Love all the open spaces, can't wait to get mine hope it's soon. The good side of waiting is I don't spend much money buying things.
Nob, i made flat slabs out of marco rock that i put under each foot to raise the structure up so I could maintain those caves. I am running a DSB though.

As I mentioned on your thread, I love the way it's aged and it's only been 2 months
Looking great, Mike!
Thanks Joey!

...stupid auto correct

Oxylebius

Came home from the LFS and saw 2 leopards out and swimming side by side. :D

Awesome!
I hope the others emerge soon.
I've read others posts that their fish emerged after a week.... so don't give up if you don't see another and it is the end of the week.

reeferman

and i had one reemerge after 60 days!i was happy for you when i received that text yesterday,leopards are the best.
tanks looking great Mike!

Oxylebius

Seriously? 24 and 60 days? That means I may have two in my tank that can still emerge? Whoa! :ponder2:
That would sure put my fish bio-load way over for a 65g tank.... 2 clowns, blenny, foxface, angel & 3 wrasses :confused:

Choff

Thanks Reggie. I'm pretty pumped.

The 2 are coming out pretty late in the day. I'm going to shift my might cycle by a few hours to see if that will help the others. I know my other fish will adjust without issue.

I'm a little unsure about what to do with the prazi. Should I be treating the tank at this point or should I only go that route if I see issues?

...stupid auto correct

LakeLivin

Looking good Mike! I noticed that you have your MP40's mounted pretty far to the back of your tank rather than the usual center mounting position. I'm curious why that is... Just looking to create more flow behind your rocks?

reeferman

i wouldnt adjust your lights,make the wrasses adjust to your schedule.start using the prazi in the food only after youve gotten them to start eating.sometimes they wont eat prazi soaked food right off the bat,must taste bad to them.
Oxy,yes,60 days for my meleagris.you may have one still buried,i wouldnt count on it but its not outside the realm of possibility.

Choff

Bryan said the same thing. I'm going to buck against the pros and still going to shift it 2 hours.

Tim. I had it centered but one piece is the scape rises up on the left and it was getting E growth due to the direct hard flow on that spot. I don't know if its ideal placement or bit, but I have the left one near the back and right one near the front. On the right side I have my massive bubbletip that I need to avoid.

...stupid auto correct

Status
Not open for further replies.