Choff's RSM 650 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choff

Wow! That nem is amazing! Orange is so hard to find in a tank and on a nem....I'm speechless!

That picture does not do it justice too. It's really stunning. Honestly ...it has to be for the price of these suckers. In person they blow rainbows out of the water. He had them too, side by side they simply don't stack up. These run anywhere from $350 to $650. Man, I mulled over this all weekend and finally talked myself into late on Sunday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Choff

Thealternativereef.com/ar/default.html is the manufacturer. He lists a bunch of vendors that carry his product , but I only see the filter guys actually carrying it. Before macna I looked and could not Find the mp40 covers for sale. When I spoke to him at macna he said to shoot him an email and if I wasn't in a hurry he would make them for me. He was talking months not weeks.

newo11

That picture does not do it justice too. It's really stunning. Honestly ...it has to be for the price of these suckers. In person they blow rainbows out of the water. He had them too, side by side they simply don't stack up. These run anywhere from $350 to $650. Man, I mulled over this all weekend and finally talked myself into late on Sunday.

I googled the name right after I made the comment and yes, they are pricey! However if you can get him to split one day - you'll make your investment back. ;)

Even in your picture - wow! As he looks better in person - I'd say you made the right call.

Choff

That was part of my rationalization. He said they clone like crazy in his tank. He also aggressively cuts them. I couldn't bring myself to try that.

On another note, I figured out why reef energy was causing my skimmer to go nuts even if I had it off for 2+ hours. The skimmer wasn't actually turning off! I have feed C on my Apex set to just turn off my skimmer for 90 min for dosing. Somehow the outlet for my skimmer reset. It wasn't turning it off. I never noticed it and when I would check on it hours later my 1G collection container would be full. Doh. So I fixed it, dosed and no issues today.

...stupid auto correct

Choff

Now that I have 2 nems in the tank and my black percs have shown no interest in hosting a damn thing, I finally decided to send them down to the fuge and promote the Picasso's I bought several months ago to the DT. Dropped my fish trap in last night and got them used to it. Spent 20 min this morning and bam, caught em both. I dropped them into the ft and fished out the other pair and tossed them in after lights out. Hope all goes well for the little guys in the morning.

I kinda feel bad for my black percs. They were my first fish and had them just over 2 years. They had a kick ass home and now they are in this small drab fuge.

...stupid auto correct

StirCrayzy

my last perc pair took a month to finally move in to a nem, and my ocellaris pair never hosted anything.
Ya just never know. I've watched a few nem cutting vids, and it sure looks simple.
if you get around to trying it, toss a frag to the blacks they may eventually take it?

Choff

In hindsight I should have put the Colorado in the fuge with the Picasso. They would have been alone in a small tank.

...stupid auto correct

Nob35

Glad to see your tank is progressing. I've been lurking in the background still waiting on vidarock. They decided to retool to speed things up right when I put in the order so of course it slowed them down to a crawl.

Choff

Hey Nob! Thanks for popping in. The vidarock is by far the single best purchase as far as increasing my enjoyment of tank i have made. Can't wait to see what you think.

Choff

A few updates...

- dealing with a small bryopsis outbreak. 1 patch in my DT and more than I care to see in my FT. I went the tek m route and cranked my mag to 1900. Replaced all the egg crate frag racks and removed all the frag plugs with it. Nothing visible for a couple of days.. Fingers crossed

- finally got my CaRx up and running. A bit of a pain with all the testing, but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I don't think it's coincidence, but in the few weeks I've been doing this I've had some explosive growth (for me). Looks like this has been my issue all along. Kicking myself for bit doing this or at least dosing sooner.

- I have some goodies coming on Wednesday. With some luck I'll have some pics. :D

- oh and I bought 6 stomatellas snails a few months back. Holy cow, I must have 50 now. Love them!

...stupid auto correct

Pat24601

Bryposis. Grrrr. It sounds like others have got it under control with the Magnesium route. Hope you it goes well!

Oxylebius

I bought 6 stomatellas snails a few months back. Holy cow, I must have 50 now. Love them!

Where did you buy them at?

Say hello to my new Lil friend
http://youtu.be/28uVGG3onDY
There are 5 total, this is the first one to emerge from the sand

Did you really get 5 of these? Looking for a harem are you?

I have one also, actually picked up a pair originally, one went into the sand and never emerged. In DT since the QT wasn't working well for these two. Plan on getting a second one at some point, but for now I'm fine with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.