Choff's RSM 650 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxylebius

Not a fan of stylos or poccis

Is it b/c they are aggressive or some other reason? Just curious. I have a stylo that I've had since my first sps order ~3 years ago. It is slow grower no issues. I have a coral crab that loves that coral and won't leave it for acros.... but I want to know what your experience with them are. I have a few new Poccis, so not that much experience with them, maybe had them for ~7 months. Again, they are slow growers.

Choff

It's just a looks thing for me, no real good reason and I picked that piece up at macna last year. No clue what it is. I have a gold colored one too that is stunning as well, but it's losing color/bleaching on me. I've tried several spots and nothing is working.

And thanks joey!

Mdk16

Damn Mike, did you leave anything at the store? Nice assortment of pieces. Fish room room looks great. Good luck with them.

LakeLivin

Looks great Mike... Now all you got to do is sit back and wait for all those suckers to grow. Still jealous of your "sump" room! Having all the mess confined to your basement in a large wide open area with easy access to everything is a real advantage.

Choff

Thanks Wolff and Tim.

Yes, I'm very happy I redid the basement to. My initial design was really stupid. I had the sump shifted left into the corner and that's what my skimmer was too. M everything was a pain in the but to work on. Much better now.

...stupid auto correct

Choff

Return tomorrow from a week at the beach. Wondering what disaster awaits me on my return. Last time I go away without having a camera set up.

Mdk16

I hear you. I need to add a camera too. Just trying to figure out if I should get an apex and configure it with the apex or just buy a drop cam. I'm having a hard time justifying the money for the apex. My lights are on the typhoon, fans on timers, back up chiller etc. there is the cool factor and the peace of mind though. I'll probably get one eventually.

Choff

Gotta tell you, I think the apex is worth every penny. The tech is a little dated, but it works. I started small, but added on a lot of components. It allows me run additional float sensors to control my skimmer based on water level ie it shuts off when I'm doing a WC. Ph monitor is invaluable and I love ORP. Salinity monitor isn't quite working like I hoped, but I also have water sensors that will send me alerts. I could have it shut things down, but that seems a recipe for disaster.

I have feed macros set up depending on how I'm feeding. For example, feed A ( I wish we could rename them) turns off all my pumps. 3 min later my mp40 kicks on then 5 min later the back power heads kick on then 15 min later the main pump kicks back on. Feed B does the same thing except it does not turn off the main pump. Feed C just turns my skimmer off for 90 min when I dose. Feed D is for WC and shuts down all the appropriate pumps, skimmer, ATO etc for 45 min.

Just being able to do all of this from my phone is awesome .

Joeys Tank

With the Apex Jr, you get 4 plugs and the temp probe. To add any other probes, functions, etc. you will have to keep buying modules and eventually another energy bar. For roughly $140 more, you can get the Apex Lite which gives you an 8 plug energy bar. You could go with the Jr and spend $160 to get an extra 8 plug bar (bringing you up to 12 plugs).

The Apex adds a standard pH probe to the Lite version.

I am loving the Apex and haven't come close to unlocking its full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.