Cat's RSM 130D

catran

My real problem is trying to figure out (and catch) which fish to put in which tank. I want the firefish in the 29g Frag Tank, but they hide in a cave they dug under my rocks and I can't catch them. The 2 Spot Hogfish is in the 29g, but belongs in the RSM, but I can't catch him, he flies when he sees the net! I'm going to leave them alone for a while. If that hogfish keeps trying to bury my zoa colony, he is so going to be in trouble!

Robzilla

I'm still saying try the gutter guard barrier and block them into a corner. Only way I got rid of all my demon fish.

catran

i don't want to move the Royal Gamma and Two Spot until I get the firefish out. There's about 6 ways they can escape. Two on the side of my rockscape, two holes in the middle half way up, and one directly leading to their cave. The dart back in as soon as I put my hand in the water. They only come out after I start feeding and are fast as heck!

catran

Feather duster infestation? I took the small-med zoa rock out and tried to plug the tubes with superglue. The next day, they were back and it seemed like they multiplied! There must be 20-25 on this rock, all over.

bcbca982.jpg

a0b26732.jpg

09f0c4f1.jpg

catran

Just an update, I don't want to post pics until after I get the new camera, maybe next weekend. I am currently struggling with the frag tank and also trying to equip the RSM 250. So far, I have the tank, skimmer, and today I got the hood and stand. I still need: circulation pumps, bulbs, and rock. Most likely, this tank won't get the rock until July. I may set it up and only put sand in it, seeded from sand in the 130 some time before then. I think I will have to go with dry rock this time since I have the mother of all worms (Eunicid) in the 130 and not ready or willing to deal with more hitch hikers!

BTW, I plan on using ATI and KZ bulbs, any suggestions on color? I don't want too much blue and I'm afraid I might end up with a blue tank if I'm not steered in the right direction. I have a Phoenix 250w MH on the frag tank and it took me forever to get used to the blue color. I just want a little blue (the cf bulbs in the 130 is probably too white).

Here's a pic of the stand. Mine is a bit darker though..
pPETS-9424631dt.jpg

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Congrats on the new Canon EOS Rebel T3- $650 for camera, 18-55 and 75-300 lenses you ordered - Love mine - I have same lenses

catran

Thanks guys! I can't wait to get the camera and finally take better pics. I'm going to read up on BLAKEJOHNS thread "Basic Photography Class" so I can get a little refresher on these types of cameras. I had a SLR quite a few years ago. To show you how long ago it was, I had a Canon AE-1!!

I have to get the stand out of the SUV and into the house myself. When I transferred it from a friends truck last night, I noticed that it wasn't too heavy, I should be able to manage. I just have to make room for it now!!

Also, since it is pretty light, I'm thinking about putting some 2x4's in each corner and front and back in the middle to ensure it's strong enough. If I was using the exact tank it was made for I wouldn't feel that insecure. Because it's larger than my tank and I'm putting a top on it to set the tank on, I'll shore up the framing.
Now I have to choose a sump size!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Canon AE-1 was 35 mm film I think? Is the stand assembled or to be put together? Easier for one person to handle a flat box, I would think. Looking forward to seeing the new tank project finished (as I'm sure you are).

catran

Yes, it was a 35mm, lol!
I brought the stand in from the car and noticed it wasn't like the one on their website. It's all put together but pretty light for a 4'x2' stand. Since I'm almost 6' and pretty strong-(but old now), it wasn't too much trouble. Now, I have to move the TV stand around. I am having a REALLY hard time with that though. I must weigh 150-200lbs. I can't even budge it!! I can only lift it an inch. Since I already have 5 bad discs, I'm searching for the furniture movers made for carpet. I'll get it in place sometime, but I'm taking my time!

Here's the actual stand, the box on top is about an inch or so larger than the tank, this is where the tank will go.

fddd6fd3.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Looks very nice! Good luck moving the TV - be careful & get some help if you can - you don't need to wreck your back! :eek:h:

catran

I will start a new thread when I get all of the parts for the RSM 250. Until then, I won't post in this one about it. Looks like about a month!

catran

Okay, update: Hitch hiker progress and FTS!

Here is the tiny HH I found. He has grown larger than a dime and moved about an inch towards more light:

7e9dbd3e.jpg

Here's the HH on my candy cane, it's grown a bit too and better not hurt my candy cane or, it's curtains!

3c5ff384.jpg

FTS

3a8ae509.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Could it be 2 Maxi-Mini HH? Sure looks like it! The tank is looking fantastic!

What are the corals along the front of the substrate?