Cat's RSM 130D

catran

Okay, so finally I have my rockwork sort of done. I spent the whole weekend arranging and changing it. I can't seem to get it the way I want it. I just finished glueing a few things and my torch and frogspawn are really mad...Well, here are my pics!

FTS
CIMG0425.jpg

Here are some zoa's I fragged....
CIMG0398.jpg

More zoa's and hungry trumpet frags
CIMG0403.jpg

I'm waiting for the water to clear. I installed my Tunze 9002 and Media Rack, along with a good cleaning and WC. I love the Tunze. I'm still trying to get used to the MP10 controls.

Mischko

Don't you just hate those stones the corals frags come on? I am always trying to get frags where the stones are covered with coraline algae so they won't pop up so much. Oh I just hate them LOL with a passion. Other than that, nice work. The Zoas will grow pretty fast and cover the frag stones.
Did I mention I hate those white ceramic things?

catran

Thanks everyone!! I'm working on ensuring the best water quality as possible now.
However, I'm not happy with the frags... Mischko expressed my frustration. I have a pretty fatal flaw in that I used to be quite a perfectionist. I've lightened up quite a bit but the frag discs are making me nuts. I am totally in love with zoa's and my RPE's. I have fragged a lot of the zoa's but I'm waiting for them to grow before removing them from the discs. I really want to take the RPE's off the disc but I don't want to mess them up. They just don't seem to be as forgiving as zoa's. My goal is to get everything where it needs to be (the best level for growth) and where I want it aesthetically as well. This may take some time.... I'm trying to be patient and get it right.
In the meantime, Midwest Coral Farms just got a shipment from FL, which means a sale. I'm not interested in more ric's, I'm looking for Tubbs Blue (or any blue) zoa's!!

steved13

PREMIUM
Don't worry about the frag plugs, I feel the same way, but after awhile I don't notice them so much and I find I only look at the animal, and it's beauty, health, growth etc.

How hard would it be for the plug manufacturers to make a plug look more natural?

catran

I would like to have the edges tapered thin. That way, you could use a tile snip to snip the edges and form them to a shape that would fit on the rock better. You could also hide it better by snipping it close to the animal and it will attach to the rock faster too.
I tested it and snipped on a clean disc to see if it would work on those thick ones. Of course, it broke in half! Lucky I tested it first. I going to have bite the bullet and drive about 40 mins. to my storage room to get my dremel.

tnwillia

Great additions and pictures! It may take a while but the tank will color the frag plugs and Happy Zoas will overgrow the plugs. Everything in my tank started from a frag plug, it will happen. Have fun!

QuentinB

Hey Cat! Great looking tank! Figured it was about time I found your thread, the way we've been chasing each other's posts around lately :D Love your clowns!

Edit: I like the reflection of your lamp in the first pic, my lamp always shows up in my pictures!

catran

Okay, thanks to the 29g frag tank, I'm starting to thin out the herd...

Here's an updated picture complete with pigs, oh, I mean fish. The frag rack on the left will be gone eventually. I'm trying to ensure the temperature in the frag tank remains stable to avoid melting my zoa's! I added a couple of hammers and a couple of frogspawn colonies. They do not appreciate the high flow the RSM creates and they shrink but when I move them to less flow in the back corners, their tissue starts to recede.

60f30e6c-1.jpg