Biocube 14!

tangerine3486

ammonia, nitrites, nitrates : 0
pH: 8.2
Salinity: 1.024
temp: 80 but usually around 78

today I scooped out a bunch of the cyano with the net.

I would say you can put corals in slowly after the cycle.

But since you have cyano and 14g is pretty small i would wait and get rid of all the cyano before adding corals. The cyano can cover your corals and eventually kill them by not letting them get any light.

tangerine3486

Thanks. I held off on corals last weekend. and I have been having the lights on less so the bad algae dies. It is looking much much better. fish are also looking good.
Maybe coral this weekend or next. Either zoas, a hammer/frogspawn/torch, and/or some pretty acro frag(s)

Rhodes19

I have a BC14 too. I still havent been able to get rid of the micro bubbles/particles but everything seems to be doing well.

Check and make sure the back chambers have water in them up to near the top. The pump may be sucking in air and pushing it into the tank. Also check the power head and make sure its not sucking in air. If it is, then push it a little deeper into the tank. HTH

tangerine3486

i filled it up but there were still the bubbles. I will be able to deal.

So this morning I woke up and my tank was incredibly cloudy. I have no idea why it is. fish seem fine though. any ideas?

tangerine3486

im reading stuff about carbon? I dont know why it is so cloudy. it is still coudy. It was totally all of the sudden. clams dont want to open a lot. Should I get something carbon?

Edit: Please help! I have no idea! Thanks,
Jay

Rhodes19

Try turning off your pump for a few minutes and see if the bubbles go away. If not, try turning off the power head. See it that helps with the bubbles. What are you running for a mechanical filter? Floss? You can also try putting some active carbon in a bag and place it in the first chamber.

tangerine3486

Yeah I had the pump off. I think that day it was cloudy like non bubble particles. I had the pump off for an hour or two (but powerhead on) and it was still murky. And now it is gone...just as suddenly
Which is good I guess. I am noticing some coralline algae!

lzrlvr

hi do not rush your tanks cycling time.i have a 12 gal nano that i started 3 months ago. i did not cycle my tank with dead fish or shrimp.i had life in my tank within the first 2 weeks,begining with isopods,some hard shell snails,stomatella snails,white flatworms,bristleworms and possible other small creatures.i first added some mushroom polyps,then a zoanthid and a xenia.i lost the xenia(only after i put an additive in to help my soft coral growth) be careful about using additves not to much at one time small amounts only.i have added a pipe organ coral,a small blastomussa wellsi,frogspawn coral,yellow polyps,a colony of green star polyps,a small ricordia,2 banded trochus snails,a drawf flame angel fish and an emerald crab.all seem to be doing well and yes i do have some algae.my salinity is 1.024 temp 77-79%.i change 2 gal of water per week using ro water and salt mix.my only filtration besides live rock and live sand is a small sponge filter in my sump.i have added polyfilter brand filter material to my sump also to help remove more waste products.check out some pics of my setup on this site.i also have pineapple sponges and some others i cannot identify.the pineapple sponges emerged from the rock i first placed in my tank and i almost lost them the same time i lost my xenia,the sponges are back and doing well.be careful with additives and supplements one safe bet is dt,s phytoplankton premium reef blend to feed your inhabitants.good luck

tangerine3486

Thanks lzrlvr. I will be careful with that setup. I did get to see your setup--very nice. I can only assume your emerald crab is reef safe yes? I have a red mithrax so I guess I will have to keep an eye on him.

So I hope to post new pics or somthing later this week of the tank. I am hoping to get some frogspawn/hammer coral sometime soon.

tangerine3486

Tank updates:
getting coral very soon.
did a ~40% water change
rearranged rocks
red mithrax messed up my feather duster shell thing pretty bad. not happy with him

tangerine3486

New pictures YAY!

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

IMG_0741.JPG

IMG_0752.JPG

tangerine3486

so corals are looking good. Unfotrunately one of the fish does not. He has some thing on him that kind of looks like a scar...its 3d and doesnt seem to have a real definite shape, and he has a little bit of it on his fin. This sounds bad. I will try to get a pic but it seems to be hard.

I also seem to have an outbreak of DIGITATE HYDROIDS --http://www.xtalworld.com/Aquarium/hitchfaq.htm -- So they sound bad. Anyone have any experience with getting rid of these?

I might be getting a macro lens soon so i will be posting up cool pics ! :)

Thanks for the help!
Jay