Biocube 14!

tangerine3486

Cool beans. Thanks. I have my dad's old digital camera and I can't get as close as I would like when I use the macro setting. I still need to figure out f stops ect... I have started using a tripod and that does make a difference. :) I think your right, I don't think I have posted pics of my BC 14 on RS. I have some on nano reef, but that was before I found RS. I'll have to start a BC 14 thread when I change up my rockscape and corals.

as long as it is semi high resolution you can crop in and get a little closer. I might be able to answer your camera questions like about f stops ect.

Yeah, tripods are awesome. i have always though mono-pods were ridiculous but I am becoming interested in them haha.

yeah put them up when you get a chance! that would be sweet. I would totally check it out! Let me know.

Rhodes19

as long as it is semi high resolution you can crop in and get a little closer. I might be able to answer your camera questions like about f stops etc.

Yeah, tripods are awesome. i have always though mono-pods were ridiculous but I am becoming interested in them haha.

yeah put them up when you get a chance! that would be sweet. I would totally check it out! Let me know.

My dad's camera is a Nikon E99o and I think its over 10 years old. I'm not sure what all I can do with it but I'm thinking of "borrowing" my wife's Kodak digital camera thats only 3 years old and play with it. I'll get some pic of my BC 14 after I clean it up a bit. :lookaroun

tangerine3486

ha borrowing is always good. yeah let me know when you put pics up. I like seeing what people do with their tanks. I turned 21today woooooooooo got a little bit of spendin money on the tank so i might get one of those intank media baskets cause i do not have nearly enough dough for LED lights at this point. I will just have to cross my fingers and hope I do a good enough cooling with fan and hope AC does not break!!
thank you Rhodes19 and everyone for reading!

Rhodes19

ha borrowing is always good. yeah let me know when you put pics up. I like seeing what people do with their tanks. I turned 21today woooooooooo got a little bit of spendin money on the tank so i might get one of those intank media baskets cause i do not have nearly enough dough for LED lights at this point. I will just have to cross my fingers and hope I do a good enough cooling with fan and hope AC does not break!!
thank you Rhodes19 and everyone for reading!

:woohoo: Happy Birthday!!!!!! The big two one. I think you will like the media basket. I heard nothing but good things about StevieT's work. That should be a nice add on to your tank.

tangerine3486

Thanks!!!! Its either the media basket or building a cabinet and sump so the temps do not get up to 83+ anymore!!!! The media basket sounds way easier though!

tangerine3486

I think he wants to split!
IMG_3000.JPG

but he needs to stick himself to the rock right there! i cant keep falling over!

tangerine3486

Is that really all the floss you put in? I covered the top of the second chamber... too much?

that is about how much I put in. I can take a pic i put in last time to compare.

As for too much, just make sure the water is flowing through it. I have gotten it to flow though it with just a little bit. I ball it up, then stretch it out a little bit. just change it when it gets dirty. But yeah thats all I put in.

greneis7

Did you have any trouble with your Frogspawn? I think it is sooo cool looking, but I've had some suggest that I start with Hammer - that it's a little more forgiving?
I love your clowns. I feel bad for mine, I think he's lonely. I saw some brown clowns at one of the stores I was at today and they were soooo cool looking. I am wondering if they would get along if I added another one. I've read a few threads and it seems they do okay.
BUT, being that I can't have very many fish, I don't know that I want to have two of the same kind. Decisions, decisions! =)

tangerine3486

Did you have any trouble with your Frogspawn? I think it is sooo cool looking, but I've had some suggest that I start with Hammer - that it's a little more forgiving?
I love your clowns. I feel bad for mine, I think he's lonely. I saw some brown clowns at one of the stores I was at today and they were soooo cool looking. I am wondering if they would get along if I added another one. I've read a few threads and it seems they do okay.
BUT, being that I can't have very many fish, I don't know that I want to have two of the same kind. Decisions, decisions! =)

Thanks!

I have heard that the hammer-frogspawn-torch are all about the same. The trouble I have had is that I had a hard time finding a spot for him! I finally took a drill and chisel to my rock, and even I am still a little worried that he might fall over. Also sometimes one of the heads did not open fully...but I think I solved that mystery. But i can see so much that he is growing a good bit!!! So I must be doing something right. :)

hammer-frogspawn-torch corals might be good beginner corals, but zoas are Definitely great beginner corals too.

haha yes it is hard there are so many options!!!!!! You should be able to get 4 or so fish.

By brown do you mean the maroon clowns? I do hear they are more aggressive.

greneis7

hmmm... I don't want a mean tank, maybe I just just love them in the tank at the store. Once I get my list narrowed down more I will put it up on my thread so you can all give your opinions. I can tell corals are going to be a problem too. I want them ALL! lol

tangerine3486

hmmm... I don't want a mean tank, maybe I just just love them in the tank at the store. Once I get my list narrowed down more I will put it up on my thread so you can all give your opinions. I can tell corals are going to be a problem too. I want them ALL! lol

I want them all too! my wallet is my limit. people here have been super helpful to me! I do not think my tank would exist anymore if it was not for people here! so posting a list should be a good idea!

tangerine3486

Does the Ricordia spread really fast?

nope. If mine is even splitting soon, it might have just been luck and it might not split for a while. some people have said that theirs never split. Others say you can cut it in half and then you would get two. Does look pretty cool. I was able to get him for just 20$, which is one of the reasons why I bought.

greneis7

I just posted this on my own wall like a dope.

I went to that site and was looking at some of the different types of snails and stuff. I saw this and thought you might be interested...

Margarita Snails - this very popular snail's range does not extend into the tropics, and they will be stressed in normal reef tanks, because they are not built to tolerate reef temperatures. A good snail though if your tank rarely goes to 70 degrees, otherwise you will be slowly torturing them to death. They are excellent algae cleaners in a temperate tank, and a favorite among many hobbyists with cold water biotopes.

tangerine3486

that could explain why two of them did not do so well. But the other two did amazing. I can easily see huge amounts of shell growth.

Rhodes19

Is that really all the floss you put in? I covered the top of the second chamber... too much?

Maybe. I like the small pieces because it takes about 3 days to get dirty and then I replace it. Never tried a piece full length because I figured it would take a while before it all gets dirty and in the meanwhile be making nitrates. Well, that was the thought process. I usually get in trouble when I think. :D