Biocube 14!

Rhodes19

Operation return fish to store: complete. Thanks for the help! I will be shopping around for the next week or so. Will be doing tank stuff after studying tonight.
Jay

Good news. :) Take your time, research, and observe the fish to make sure they are ok. What are you studying?

tangerine3486

Good news. :) Take your time, research, and observe the fish to make sure they are ok. What are you studying?

Well, today I have a few free hours this evening, So I might go out and try a few places including petco. after a bit more searching I am more convinced that there are not any super great places nearby, and that every store has some bad reviews. It seems to be the only free time i have till next week, but I wont make a rushed buy. I might get something but I will be sure to watch the fish for quite a bit longer. Think I should just wait? One of the fish stores I hope to go to says they get their clows from ORA so they looked nice, is that good though?

I'm studying chemical engineering. Thursday starts my next round of midterms which will go on for 2 more weeks. yay...However it is very cool that chemical engineering can easily be applied to aquariums...to the design of the filtration systems. Biological and chemical filtration systems.

tangerine3486

IMG_0027.JPG

And I took the hydrometer out and the needle was all brown it got washed.

Rhodes19

Good job :D Chemical engineering is a cool field. I've had multiple general, organic, and bio chemistry classes and I was surprised how often I could use that info in real life. Better living through chemistry!!! LOL

Your tank should be fine for fish. If you find something you like go ahead and get it as long as its healthy and eating. If not, you would be better off waiting until you do find something you want.

Good luck on mid terms. My youngest daughter just finished hers and she was about to ping off the walls!!!

tangerine3486

Thanks! It will be rough. Yeah, I will re-know the feeling in two and a half weeks.

So I got fish! 2 clowns, they have a way better color and they are eating now and had them eat in the store. But one of them is often swimming along the glass...is he just stressed? They seem to be in good health I just need to fatten them up a little.

Some of the coralline algae is finally looking like real coralline algae. It is getting to be more of a solid coating.

Tested levels: ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
Nitrate: low between 0 and 5

I will post pictures of the fish as soon as I get a decent picture unlike last night.

Rhodes19

Thanks! It will be rough. Yeah, I will re-know the feeling in two and a half weeks.

So I got fish! 2 clowns, they have a way better color and they are eating now and had them eat in the store. But one of them is often swimming along the glass...is he just stressed? They seem to be in good health I just need to fatten them up a little.

Some of the coralline algae is finally looking like real coralline algae. It is getting to be more of a solid coating.

Tested levels: ammonia: 0
nitrite: 0
Nitrate: low between 0 and 5

I will post pictures of the fish as soon as I get a decent picture unlike last night.

Sweet. Swimming along the glass can be normal. Mine do it a lot. My wife tells me they are trying to get my attention so they can tell me to feed them again. :D

tangerine3486

Sweet. Swimming along the glass can be normal. Mine do it a lot. My wife tells me they are trying to get my attention so they can tell me to feed them again. :D

haha I totally believe it.

So here is the old one
IMG_0014.JPG

new fish #1

IMG_0086.JPG

new fish #2

IMG_0060.JPG

So they dont have names yet. But I think they are awesome and are doing well. Fish #1 usually swims around the left and front of the tank (but regularly visits the other side. Fish # 2 is usually on the right side and back of the tank, exploring the rocks and nibbling on them, and is in the cave a bit too! When they got spooked the both darted into the cave! So I think they get along and are making use of the cave. I'm sure it happens with most people's fish, but it is super exciting for me haha.

IMG_0063.JPG

alirons

Yes Tangerine,I would go all the way to House of Tropics and SeaSave.It is nice having a place close and they have lots of corals and have water and some fish.They put stuff on ebay and you can pick up and save shipping.I got a zoomania pack last weekend.You get 9 zoo frags for $99.I take 6 five gallon water jugs in and get filled.I do 5 salt and 1 fresh for top offs.I used to mix my salt water and this is so much easier.I like your new fish much better then your old.Tank is looking good. AL

tangerine3486

Nice looking fish. I think you will be much happier with these and worry less about them.

I am WAY Happier. They look way happier and more active.

Yes Tangerine,I would go all the way to House of Tropics and SeaSave.It is nice having a place close and they have lots of corals and have water and some fish.They put stuff on ebay and you can pick up and save shipping.I got a zoomania pack last weekend.You get 9 zoo frags for $99.I take 6 five gallon water jugs in and get filled.I do 5 salt and 1 fresh for top offs.I used to mix my salt water and this is so much easier.I like your new fish much better then your old.Tank is looking good. AL

That place is sounding great. Still looking into planning a trip sometime, when I am ready to get a coral. Thanks, I like them better too.

So I had to go away for almost two days and when i came back the red new stuff had died off so I am leaning away from coraline algae. I am trying to control how much food I put in. They sometimes have a hard time eating flakes--they bounce away when they hit the top of the water. And they do not like the brown ones. But they still eat. I also feed them fish about once every other day.

I tried to get pellets but they were all way too hard and big for them.

My power head (koralia nano) came in and I mounted it up somewhere. had a lot of flying debris for a little when i blew all the rocks off. The fishies like to swim in the current.

So Fish #1 is kind of fading on the top--he is getting a little dust of black but it is very noticeable especially when I compare. I think it would be fine if it happened over a long span of time, but its been a week or so. So am I doing something wrong?

Jay

yungreefer2410

Probably just his coloring pattern as he matures, Also your first pair of clowns wasnt full grown yet which could be a reason for the color, what did you Do with them?

tangerine3486

Probably just his coloring pattern as he matures, Also your first pair of clowns wasnt full grown yet which could be a reason for the color, what did you Do with them?

Thanks for the help, I hope so. I returned them to the store for store credit and got these from a different store.

Here are some new pictures.
IMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

Is this cyano?
IMG_0512.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

Also there is always a lot of particles and bubbles floating around my tank. the water is NEVER clear. Is this a problem? Do other people have this problem?