Big Al's "Mountain Reef"

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks Emma. Yea it was a pretty brutal kick to the ..... groin area but then again I knew good and well I was "pushing the limits" in every possible way. Due to circumstances out of my control I didn't have the luxury of "Time" and had to rush it.

The "Silver Lining" of this is I can be more selective and pick coral that I REALLY want now and not just from "what I had in inventory" in my 90g tank. Thanks to the HUGE generosity of gareeferman and a few local reefers I'll be able to have a nice "Stocked "tank as soon as I'm comfortable with my water parameters.

One other casualty (not in this tank but in the LFS delivery) was this coral which was a total loss
90g_2011_Stylo.jpg

Yes Terry I hope so. There is a small amount of tissue on a couple of the LPS so there is still some hope.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thank you Reggie & Eddie :)

Re: Augusta - Yea I've heard that from somewhere. Isn't there some kind of big "Putt-Putt" tournament down there?

By the way... do you :golf: ?

reeferman

yeah,the toughest putt putt coarse around!yes i do golf.maybe if you come visit,we can get a round in.it wont be at the National though!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm more of a "Thank goodness I found the ball again" kind of golfer LOL!

I'll toss the bag in the car and we'll see what happens. Can we at least drive by A-Nat? :)

reeferman

all you can see from Washington Rd is the parking lot!we can however ride by the front entrance and you can look down Magnolia Lane and see the front of the clubhouse.if the guards are feeling nice[not likely]theyll let you snap a pic down the Lane.i used to be a horticulturist there from 96-98 and ive actually played the big coarse and the par three course multiple times on play days.they let tournament volunteers and employees play once a year after the tournament.its a very special feeling playing the National whether youre a scratch golfer or a 30 handicap[im somewhere in between!]

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
all you can see from Washington Rd is the parking lot!we can however ride by the front entrance and you can look down Magnolia Lane and see the front of the clubhouse.if the guards are feeling nice[not likely]theyll let you snap a pic down the Lane.i used to be a horticulturist there from 96-98 and ive actually played the big coarse and the par three course multiple times on play days.they let tournament volunteers and employees play once a year after the tournament.its a very special feeling playing the National whether youre a scratch golfer or a 30 handicap[im somewhere in between!]

Sounds like a plan to me!

Let's just say I'm closer to the 30 than I am the scratch LOL! I can't imagine playing on their glassy greens. My version of "Ball Control" is being able to find it in the woods so I can toss it back out into the fairway (Palm Wedge). :LOL:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Sorry to see the loses Allen from circumstances beyond your control - but let's me know when we tell even one to go slow (except in must have to situations) it's good advise you have always offered everyone.

Your tank will be beautiful soon & losing a coral does let you pick new ones :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
thats the old 12 iron,because i wear a size 12!
Thanks Reggie :LOL: I'm going to have to remember that one to use in the future! I wonder if I am supposed to include my "13 Iron" in my club inventory LOL

Sorry to see the loses Allen from circumstances beyond your control - but let's me know when we tell even one to go slow (except in must have to situations) it's good advise you have always offered everyone.

Your tank will be beautiful soon & losing a coral does let you pick new ones :)

Thanks Glenn. I tried! I did all I could with the limitations I had facing me and in the end I failed. I had to do it like I did and if I had more time it would have turned out differently. Oh well! Hopefully someone else will see the pics of my cloudy almost dead tank and decide to NOT take shortcuts.

Thanks for looking everyone and I can't wait to see this tank ALIVE again :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Wait wait! I'm lost. Are we wanting RSM supplier or MP10? :LOL: I think I'm lost in my own thread ROFL