Back at it with the RSM250

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
:wave::wave: Attention Mr. Josh, you're being called to serve, a now, mandatory check-in :laughroll

How's it going mate? We would love to hear an update from you and your wonderful tank!! :yup:

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
4mths no reply, has he forgotten his friends at RS ....... I truly hope not, come back towards the light josh :)

Lipman

hello everyone, miss you all too.

life is back on track and ill post an update soon.

Tank is still running, some brown hair and other stuff growing but im sure some water changes will fix that.

I got really busy and lazy but nothing is dead :D ( i wouldn't let that happen tbh).

hope everyone is having a great holiday season, chat soon!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
hello everyone, miss you all too.

life is back on track and ill post an update soon.

Tank is still running, some brown hair and other stuff growing but im sure some water changes will fix that.

I got really busy and lazy but nothing is dead :D ( i wouldn't let that happen tbh).

hope everyone is having a great holiday season, chat soon!

Excellent to here from you again mate!! It's been too long :)
Good to hear you're on track and the tank is still kicking along nicely :)

Looking forward to some new updates though! :D

Lipman

Ok, i know I've done this before but I'm actually back.
Life was busy, really busy but i have now realized that i cant sweat the little things and gotta enjoy life a bit.

My tank well, its in need of some serious help at this point. I got busy and my 20% WC went from once a week to once every 3 weeks, some awesome fish have also passed :(

Ive been back at it now though for about 2 weeks, constantly making water, constants WC's etc. im going to get my tank to where it should be because i really miss it and its not fair for the fish living in there still.

I do a 20% WC every Sunday, but want to do more during the week without crashing my system ( to help speed up the cleaning process)
Any suggestions, maybe i should do a 20% on Sundays and a 10% Wednesdays?

Lots of algae in the tank ( brown and other strange stuff), waiting to get my levels back before i add a blenny to the tank again and a new CUC.

I randomly came across DianaKay on Facebook ( her clown flowerpot was the give away and im jealous how amazing her tanks looking, this was the big kick in my butt that was needed.)

Missed you all and glad to be back.
I would post a pic but im actually to embarrassed todo so.

Lipman

Another 10% WC done!
So I decided to suck up a bunch of the crap in my sand bed this time too. I know a bunch of people never touch their sand beds and i understand the reasons behind that but after 2 years there is so much crap in there that i think doing small bits at a time over the next few months could help things out. i don't want any spikes thats why ill only do it small bits at a time.

I wont lie though, after 2 weeks of constant WC's 25% on Sundays, and now 10% on Wednesdays im already seeing a difference. I cant wait to get it all back in line so i can get that blenny to start cleaning up some of the algae again.

Another issue i have is (and this is my own fault),When i got my Steves LED's one bar had burnt out leds. Steve told me to send it back and he would replace and i never had the time too :(. Im starting to wonder what issues this may be causing if any.. to anyone else who has steves LED's what are your light % at?

Thanks!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I added Steves leds recently at 40% - Steve has become a RS Sponsor & his lead tech Jeff is on the boards all the time @StevesLEDs I am sure they can help you sort, wonderful support ! Loving my new Stevesleds

Another thing I have added in the last year is a Blue Tux Urchin - what a great member of the cuc - can highly recommend one ! :nessie:

Lipman

Thanks for the reply! One of my first tank members was a blue tux, love that guy! Haha. My LEDs are sitting at about 75% right now. Been that way for a bit of time now too. Maybe too much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pat24601

I'm running my Steves LEDs at 60% blue and 50% white. I've been toying with that a bit, but basically hanging around 55%

I feel like I should be moving them higher, but all of my corals are doing great for a good while now, so I haven't bothered. :)

BTW, thanks for tag. My life has been nuts and so I'm on reduced posting right now. :)