Artpics 130d

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Congrats on skimmer working well ! Sounds like another options for members over stock ! Look forward to pics of the new corals

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Any updates on this skimmer? I'm thinking about getting one myself.

Do you just order it "As is" or have to order/do anything special for the RSM 130D install?

David Shaw

Any updates on this skimmer? I'm thinking about getting one myself.

Do you just order it "As is" or have to order/do anything special for the RSM 130D install?

I upgraded to this skimmer over the Tunze. It is much more efficient and silent. You wil need a slight mod to attach it to the media rack.

Mod required is to glue a magnet to the skimmer ( i used a Tunze Magnet) so you can attach it to the media rack as you did with the Tunze.
So simple even i could do it.

I recommend this as a good upgrade and it is far sturdier than the Tunze 9002, which is a little flimsy by comparison.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks David (aka Mr Bristle Worm... J/K :lol: )

Here's the road block... I'm not running any type of Media Basket at all. My RSM is completely stock all the way around right now. Is that going to cause me more grief now if I go to get this unit?

artpics

i ran mine without a media rack for 2 weeks the skimmer is light i just wedged mine by running the power cable along the side with some spare rubber suction cups i had the money you save over the Tunze skimmer and the mounting magnets you can get the media basket.
i now have mine wedged via my tunze ATO magnets no need to glue, the skimmer water outlet sits on one magnet the back up tunze magnet holds the other side (wedged) will try to post pics tonight.

great silent skimmer

and why i am posting i installed a 5 stage - RO/DI system no more trips for water for me

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks for the update. It's perfect timing in that I'm thinking of getting that skimmer and my Tunze ATO just came in the mail today. Excellent!

and congrats on the RO/DI! Life it good :D

artpics

Sorry i have not posted in so long been on Vacation the Tunze done a great job of looking after the tank for 3 weeks the rear fan was not working and it used 2.5 gallons of fresh why i was away.

i think my fire clam has died after 5 months is this normal?

The turboflotator skimmer is doing a great job. maybe i should have left it turned off for 3 weeks to leave some nutrients in the tank.

and i gave in and spent some money on the Vortech MP10es, glad i did well worth the money the tank is sparkling clean. The fish were a bit afraid at first but now loving it. But the wife does not like it stuck on the side of the tank.

will post pics soon.

artpics

More changes:
Removed the Maxijet 1200 too much flow since i now have the MP10
replaced with eheim 600 mod lot quieter no more bubbles in the heater divider and more of a gentle current at night when the MP10 goes into night mode.
replaced bulbs after 7 months
and i now have a refractometer great purchase.

IMG_2217.JPG

IMG_2212.JPG

artpics

So the Apex is installed probably the best money spent such a great unit here is some code that i am running.

this one is for the RSM fan. Instead of the fan running all the time and evaporating all the water. the fan goes off at 23:45 now i get a gradual cooling overnight.

Code:
Set OFF 
If Temp > 80.2 Then ON 
If Temp < 80.0 Then OFF 
If Time 22:45 to 12:30 Then OFF

here are the main lights no more dial timer for me
Code:
Fallback OFF 
Set OFF 
If Time 14:00 to 22:03 Then ON 
If Temp > 82.0 Then OFF

here is my email alarm :)
Code:
Set OFF 
If Temp > 82.5 Then ON 
If Temp < 78.0 Then ON 
If pH > 08.30 Then ON 
If pH < 07.80 Then ON

been playing with the Vortech.
OSC means every 11mins it turns on for 5 mins then off (vortech set in random mode) then turns off between 22:30 and 15:00 everyday.

Code:
Fallback OFF 
Set OFF 
OSC 011:00/005:00/000:00 Then ON 
If Time 22:30 to 15:00 Then OFF 
If FeedB 005 Then OFF 
If FeedA 002 Then OFF 
If FeedC 000 Then OFF

the feed statements are if i press feed "A" it turns off the 1 return pump for 5 mins and the skimmer for 6 mins and the vortech for 7 mins.

a great bit of kit but it has stopped reporting amps so i have to send the EB8 (plug socket) back for repair so i will be going manual mode for 1 week that is going to hurt.

still trying to get the pH up but the probe sure beats the liquid test kit.
graph.jpg

sig.php

jpsika08

Congrats on the controler, It's a must IMHO, just a quick note, on your fans code, the time statement your saying that they must be off until 12:30pm? Or you want them to go off until 0:30am?

artpics

Congrats on the controler, It's a must IMHO, just a quick note, on your fans code, the time statement your saying that they must be off until 12:30pm? Or you want them to go off until 0:30am?

Code:
 Set OFF 
If Temp > 80.2 Then ON 
If Temp < 80.0 Then OFF 
If Time 22:45 to 12:30 Then OFF

the fan goes off at between 22:45 till 12:30 the next day when/if the Temp goes above 80.2 after 12:30pm the fan turns on until it drops below 80

sig.php

artpics

Finally got the moonlights wired up to its own driver now the Apex controls all my lights very happy.

here is a quick video of the tank after 8 months sorry about the quality not being that good. you can select the HD version if you want.

RSM 130D reef tank - YouTube

sig.php

artpics

Hi all. Tank is doing great the apex is doing a great job i now get a temp fluctuation of .8f very happy. apart from last week when we had a power cut for 36hrs i rigged my jeep up to supply power to the tank. What could the white thing be that comes out of my brain coral. At night there is more of them so pretty.

here is a short video better watch in HD for a clearer pic

sig.php

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
last week when we had a power cut for 36hrs i rigged my jeep up to supply power to the tank.

Good news it worked, what brand/kind of inverter did you get, I have been wanting to buy one?

Tank looking great ! Could the white strand be from a vermatid snail attached to the base?