Artpics 130d

artpics

So had a complete nightmare these last 2 days.

i bought a Purple Pseudochromis (very bad mistake) from the LFS the description on the website seemed like it was good fish. introduced the fish all was fine then after 2 days it eat my green wrasse which was 4 timnes as big and took a leg from my starfish. So have spent all day ripping the tank apart removing all my live rock before it eats the others. after further reading up on the Purple Pseudochromis these fish should be in a predators tank. The landscaping is not the same but i am sure in time i will get used to it.

Also got a bubble coral and a six line wrasse to replace the green wrasse and Purple Pseudochromis

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Sorry to hear about the Purple Pseudochromis

I too have a rule for my tank: all fish must play well together or get banned.. that includes eating other livestock & corals

artpics

Been busy since my last post been in Mammoth Lakes Skiing lets try some catch up.

This is from 2 weeks ago. tank was then 8 weeks old.

My fire clam still some brown algae on the sand.

IMG_1361.jpg

My Galaxia with stinging tentacles

IMG_1353.jpg

Orange Mushroom that has doubled in size since i got it from the LFS. and some Green type of plant growing from my rock.

IMG_1356.jpg

And finally my Clowns have started to breed and is now hosting this coral.
IMG_1358.jpg

also installed a Tunze Osmolator which was money well spent, Purple Coraline is growing everywhere, and my Zoas are multiplying so good news.

Going back to Ski till the end of the week so will take a Full shot of the tank then.

artpics

Today i moved my stunner strip so it fitted between my T5 bulbs under the protective cover it is no longer exposed to the elements and because it has moved forward 4 inches the light spread is so much nicer. The cable comes out of the right hand side past the light fans. I also got my first hard coral a Monti 3 pieces for $10 seem to be doing good so far had them 10 days now

Time for more photos.

Day 90

Full Tank Shot. Taken under 1 Stunner strip

IMG_1397.jpg

Full Tank T5 Shot sorry about the reflections and dirty water.

IMG_1378.jpg

My new Clown Goby $6 great fish but he does hide a lot
IMG_1390.jpg

Taken under 1 LED stunner strip.

IMG_1391.jpg

Enjoy

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice pictures, and a nice look under the stunner! Clown gobies do tend to perch and hide out. Not the kind of fish that is out swimming in the water, except to dart out after food. Cool little fish though, and a nice addition!

artpics

Sorry no pics but just seen a great happening.

had a Bristleworm or some kind of worm in the tank for the last 2 months it was fairly harmless just stayed on or should i say inside 1 rock, tonight when the corals began sticking out the tentacles under the blue stunner strip. My clown bit the worm which started swimming erratically every-time it hit the surface it gave off a white milky cloud i was going to get the net out, it then swam into my Bubble Coral where it was quickly consumed.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I'll bet that was very interesting to see. It sounds like it may have been spawning, but it's history now and ended up bubble coral food!

artpics

Well got the Aqua-Medic Turboflotator 500 blue installed it did ship without the Rubber feet (being sent in post by Aqua Medic) to attatch to the aquarium so i have it wedged between two Tunze magnets for my ATO at the moment. It really is a FANTASTIC skimmer this thing is silent and i mean silent i can now here the water trickle over the surface skimmer. Turned it on and within 30 mins i had skimate after 48hrs the skimmate is very thick here are some pics. Just waiting for my media rack to arive and i will do a proper install.

Good Points.

Very quiet need to lift the lid to see if it is on.
No fiddling with the an air adjuster just turn the wheel to let water out to raise or lower the water level.
Only uses 8w instead of the stock 17w so i presume less heat.
No need to buy another skim cup as with the Tunze skimmer to close the lid.
Build Quality
Price only $99

Bad Points

The power cable is very thick so i have it plugged into a separate outlet to much fiddling to make it fit in the control center on the 130D.
Airline tube is very soft which makes it easy to kink.
that about it.

Quite a size difference

IMG_1586_0057.jpg

After 30mins

IMG_1588_0059.jpg

after 24hrs

IMG_1591_0054.jpg

Looking forward till monday when the media rack arrives.

Enjoy

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Another good review of the Turboflotor 500! This would seem to be a much better skimmer than the Tunze. I never could figure out why Red Sea makes such huge skimmers for their tanks, when smaller skimmers perform as well or in most cases much better (and quieter).

artpics

New Skimmer is doing great, i am getting corals and zoas never opening now opening and extending.

So today i got a pistol shrimp and within 5 mins my watchman goby went to say hi, they are now paired up such an amazing sight. When my sixline Wrasse comes close he is there to protect. will post some pics later as i also got some nice corals.
Also got a Chalk Bass.

Quite an expensive Weekend

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Congratulations on the skimmer working well and the corals appreciating it! And congrats on the Chalk Bass and the goby/pistol pairing up quickly. What type of pistol did you get - a Tiger?

artpics

Not sure about the shrimp type will take a pic today and have a look. The sand bed has been completely turned over this morning which is a good thing i am very pleased